Registry and Gift Forum

Parents presents

My fiancée parents are divorced and remarried. We are looking at getting all of our parents wine glasses and beer mugs as thank yous and we are addressing my parents as the M/F of the bride and his mom and dads as M/F of the groom. Is it proper to address his step parents as step-father/step-mother or do we just leave them blank. I just don't want to offend anyone and not sure what to do.

Re: Parents presents

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    It's not a requirement that you give them gifts at all! It is a sweet gesture though.

But why is it necessary to label his relationships with his parents' spouses? If he calls them by their names rather than parental titles like "Mom" or "Dad," that's how I'd address their gifts. Or he can use "Stepmother/Stepfather of the Groom."
  • Well our plan is do to 'name, relationship, wedding date' it's easy to do for his mom and dad but I'm not sure if 'step' is too much for his step parents or do I just leave theirs blank and hope they don't get offended.
  • I'm confused -- where are these labels going? On the items themselves? Like, engraved? 
  • Why are you labeling them? 
  • Choose another gift, if you must give them gifts.  My daughter gave me a big hug, a thank you note and a box of See's chocolates!  Best gift ever!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I have a funny feeling OP is labeling the wine/beer glasses.

OP, just get them a nice set of wine/beer glasses and don't personalize them.  Honestly, if these people are big wine/beer drinkers they probably already have plenty of these glasses and really don't need another set.  What would go over really well though is a very thoughtful handwritten note saying how much you appreciate them and what they have done for you over the years.

• I'm giving my mom a diamond and sapphire bracelet.  My ring was actually my great-grandmother's, and my mom wore it before I did.  It's a diamond with little half-moon sapphires on the sides.  I thought it would be a nice way to show her how much I appreciate the ring.

I'm getting FMIL something smaller - maybe small ruby earrings or something (that I don't expect her to wear at the wedding).  I'm also giving them both very nice cards

• My fiancée parents are divorced and remarried. We are looking at getting all of our parents wine glasses and beer mugs as thank yous and we are addressing my parents as the M/F of the bride and his mom and dads as M/F of the groom. Is it proper to address his step parents as step-father/step-mother or do we just leave them blank. I just don't want to offend anyone and not sure what to do.
    Don't engrave wine glasses!  You're only the bride for the day.  You seriously expect your mom to be drinking wine out of a wine glass etched with 'Mother of the Bride' any time after your wedding?  I'm pretty sure that goes in the back of the cabinet along with the 'World's Greatest Mom' coffee mug. 
  • Not sure how well this will go over here but we were thinking about framing photos of us and each of our parents from our wedding day as gifts. My fiance and I and my parents and my fiance and I and his parents. This seemed like a good idea before but now that I'm posting it here, I'm not so sure. Lol
  • Not sure how well this will go over here but we were thinking about framing photos of us and each of our parents from our wedding day as gifts. My fiance and I and my parents and my fiance and I and his parents. This seemed like a good idea before but now that I'm posting it here, I'm not so sure. Lol
    Oh, I am a 4 time MOB and that is an awesome gift!!!  So is a handwritten letter that says thank you and I love you.  Really hard to top that one.  Of course, accompanied by a box of chocolates can't hurt as CMGragain said.

Honestly, your idea is quite lovely and I am sure your parents will love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards