May 2015 Weddings

What have you checked off the list?

2»

Re: What have you checked off the list?

• Are any of you ladies printing your own Save the Dates? Do you have any recommendations for where to get them printed? Staples seems to have a good price, but I wonder about the quality...
    I just made mine in photoshop, and I think I'm going to use vistaprint. I use them for my business cards, and for post cards to advertise my art show openings, and the quality is always great. It's about $48 for 70 5 x 7 inch cards and 70 blank envelopes. 
  • @lilacck28 someone on here (I think a different thread) recommended catprint.com and I just got my (FREE) hard copy proof in the mail. I was really impressed with the print quality and customer service. I accidentally clicked "no bleed" so they printed with a white border, but I called, dealt with a person to fix the issue (I had to send updated image files) and they're sending the final ones out. I also Googled and found a discount code for 10% off (http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/catprint-com/deals/6911cdf47c356bdc.html). The only thing I would say is that their postcard paper - "Heavy card stock" - is not very think. I was fine with it, but I would say it's not as thick as a typical postcard. I've also worked with Vista Print and been less than pleased with their print quality, so check out catprint if you can :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
  • I just went to Michaels yesterday and bought supplies for my photo booth props! Go-go-gadget-craft!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
  • I had my photographer do them so it was one less thing for me to worry about.

Are any of you ladies printing your own Save the Dates? Do you have any recommendations for where to get them printed? Staples seems to have a good price, but I wonder about the quality...
  • Our date is 05/17/15, so far we booked:

• Venue (open bar, food, cake, linens, ceremony site included)
    • Photographer/Videographer
    • DJ
    • Photo Booth
    • Officiant
    • Florist
    • Hotel room block
    • Make-up Artist
    • Hair Stylist
    • Ordered my dress
    • Ordered the bridesmaid dresses
    • Sent out Save the Dates
    • Flights for the Honeymoon

We still have to order the Invitations, book the Limo, order the Tuxes for the guys, register, purchase the favors, and I'm sure a few other things I am missing.

• We're doing Vegas, so my list is beautifully short.

I've booked the ceremony (package with everything included from flowers to music to photos...one-stop shopping!) I've made a dinner reservation. I booked a limo-bus for an after-dinner Strip tour. I handwrote invites to the 18 people we're inviting.

I bought a dress on clearance before we were officially engaged and I ordered a veil and shoes this month.

I have to book our flight and hotels, renew fiance's passport, and order wedding rings. I think that's literally it. So low-stress and awesome.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Apparently I'm a slacker because all we have is a venue/date. 

I think I know what we are doing for catering but they said we don't need to book it until a week ahead (local BBQ place) so that is easy.

Photographer - hoping to use a friend who does amateur photography (have a couple to choose from) instead of spending big bucks on someone who does it for a living.

DJ - undecided what we are going to do

And the rest, hmmm, guess we better get started

• We are getting married May 30, 2015, so far we have the venue, officiant, DJ, and caterer.  We still need a photographer.
  • We checked off so many things while I was home for Christmas/New Years. (Live in NC but planning a FL wedding) Felt so good!

- Florist consultation
    - bought FI's suit (post-Christmas outlet deal, yesssss!)
    - ordered invitations (they just shipped today! So pumped!)

We still need to

- Pick a DJ
    - Figure out cake. We are doing a sundae bar, but we want a small cake to cut and then sheet cakes cut in the back to serve guests. We're thinking Publix.
    - Do our four premarital counseling sessions required by the church where we're having our ceremony
    - I need to buy my wedding shoes. I can't decide what I want! I think I have decision-making fatigue. I also can't find a rehearsal dinner dress I like. I feel like I've looked at every store in a 50 mile radius plus every website ever haha

What decisions are you guys struggling with? What's been the toughest thing to plan so far?
    --

• jltobe23jltobe23 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

Our Wedding is May 23rd!!! I feel like I have a lot done but I also feel like I am going to forget the little things.

Done: venue ( ceremony and reception, Drinks, food and linens)

Dj,

Photographer,

Videographer,

Hotel rooms blocked,

Dress ordered,

Purchased my shoes,

Ordered wedding bands ,

Bridesmaids dresses ordered ,

Save the dates sent,

Invitations ordered,

Florist ,

Limo,

Some of the bridal party gifts have been purchased

Officiant,

Hair and makeup artists,

Still need to do:

tuxes for groom and ushers ,

Diy card box,

Address and send out invitations

Favors,

Cremony readings,

Finalize flowers and centerpieces

Book honeymoon,  

And I am drawing a blank..... am I forgetting anything lol                        

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards