Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Pink (corol) and Grey (silver) wedding colors need theme ideas

Just starting the process of choosing colors and theme for our wedding. I'm doing a pink ( not sure on shade of pink yet, maybe a coral) and silver/ grey. I need help finding a theme, and ideas. I really like the romantic chic, vintage look. I have a few ideas just don't know how to bring it all together. Please help!! And ideas would be great

Thank you

Re: Pink (corol) and Grey (silver) wedding colors need theme ideas

• Options
    Hi Blueeyes!

I came across your post earlier today and thought I could help with a suggestion for your upcoming wedding.

Firstly, I LOVE LOVE your color scheme, how gorgeous!

My own wedding was a combination of pink and silver (it actually ended up a little more pink and gold than silver) but before we got to that point I spent a lot of time looking at pink/silver ideas.

I came across a really sweet favor idea that was inexpensive and fits really well into your vintage silver/grey idea.  

I re-created this idea using a combination or pink & silver ribbon and loved they way they came out. Cute with hershey's kisses, almonds or even pink jelly beans!  

Hope this helps with your planning a little :)

Prue 
    ?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • Options
    I agree w/PP let your colors be your theme, this way you aren't as limited. As you find things, a style for your wedding will develop on it's own. Good luck & your color combo is great!!
  • Options
    you can look on etsy n pinterest for ideas
  • Options
    It sounds as though you have as much of a "theme"  as you really need in your color scheme and love for the romantic chic/vintage.  Think of the theme as more of unifying idea(s) that give cohesion to your planning of all the different elements than a single statement.  Your color ideas sound lovely and would fit with a romantic/vintage/shabby chic feel very well.

Check out the Vintage/Retro board
    <-----------------  under Wedding Themes.  There's a sticky at the top with some great resources!
  • Options
    I would say to be careful about the silver idea, a lot of times silver can end up looking like machine grey instead. We had to switch ours from red/grey to red/black for that specific problem.
    As far as a theme goes vintage is a theme all it's own. Look up pictures of different era's that included vinage. I know a popular thing is to rent a car that is from that era. I would see what you want to include in your wedding with the 'vintage' idea and encorperating grey and pink will follow a lot easier.

Ribbin and lace as show in one of the earlier posts is a good vintage look but make sure that you don't make it too prominent other wise your guest will think they're in the doll isle at Wal Mart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards