Destination Weddings Discussions

Inviting adults and children to ceremony but not cocktail or reception partys

I am having a destination wedding and I don't mind inviting the children to the ceremony part but not the cocktail or reception party. How would I word it on the insert card for my save the date cards. #wordingproblem

Re: Inviting adults and children to ceremony but not cocktail or reception partys

• If people are spending hundreds, or thousands, to attend your wedding, then everyone needs to be invited to the ceremony and reception. A reception is a thank you to your guests for attending, especially for DWs, this is important because people did a lot to see you! It would be VERY rude to mention this at all. I recommend not inviting any kids at all or just accepting the fact that kids will be at your reception.

• I am having a destination wedding and I don't mind inviting the children to the ceremony part but not the cocktail or reception party. How would I word it on the insert card for my save the date cards. #wordingproblem
    There has to be some sort of reception for all guests, including children, who attended your ceremony. That's what the reception is -- a thank you to your guests for attending your ceremony. To exclude the children would be very rude. 
  • Exactly what they said.

Keep in mind, if you choose to have a DW and not invite ids at all you may have several declines.  If people are making an effort to travel to your DW, they may want to make a family holiday out of it.  If they are told their kids aren't welcome, they very well may not come at all.
  • Either don't invite kids at all, or invite them to everything.  What are parents supposed to do with their kids for the evening while they're on vacation??  Who will watch them??  Most won't be comfortable with a local random babysitter.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards