Ohio-Cleveland

Think Twice About Renting Tuxes From American Commodore

Vent warning- My FH and I just got back from the mall where we stop by American Commodore to pick out his suit. We went with this company originally because they have navy suits. We went to the store about a month ago to pick the suits and they said they no longer rent navy suits. I was super bummed but no navy suits meant that we could go navy bridesmaid dresses. So you can bet I was surprised when we went to the store today and they not only navy suits and navy tuxes! I am beyond pissed. We ordered the bridesmaid dresses last week direct from the manufacturer so I can't change the color. On top of all this we had crappy service when we started picking out the suit. We ended up leaving the shop and going to a different store to rent the suits. I will be calling the manager tomorrow and getting my money back.

Re: Think Twice About Renting Tuxes From American Commodore

• Consider this a blessing in disguise and go with another company all together.  They screwed up my stepdad's and husband's tuxes for our wedding.  My husband is disabled and needs a lace up shoe, not a slip on.  They gave him a slip on and we didn't realize it until the evening before the wedding. When we did the contract they told us that if something went wrong they'd come to us.  Needless to say once we realized this we notified them and that didn't happen.  My husband ended up wearing his own dress shoes with the tux and they, of course, didn't give us anything for our troubles.
  • I wasn't impressed with American Commodore when we went in to pick out tuxes and we went with another vendor as well. Feel fortunate that you didn't stick with them to be let down when the guys picked up their suits the day before the wedding!
  • I ended up speaking with the manager yesterday. We was very nice and apologetic but I told them I was still going with another company. They really need to get their act together.
  • I've had a completely different experience with American Commodore. My fiance wanted to wear an ivory dinner jacket with black lapel and NO tuxedo place in the greater Cleveland area carried this very popular style. AC was our last stop and they were able to special order the ivory jacket and have their seamstress create a black lapel. I however, did patronize their headquarters on Mayfield, so maybe that is why I had a different experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards