Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Black or White?

dolewhipperdolewhipper member
First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
edited January 2015 in Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Do you like the white piping or black piping? Topper says "Happily Ever After" in gold. Colors are black, ivory, and metallics. Having a formal wedding. I will post the two photos in the comments.

imageimage

Black or White? 25 votes

Black
16% 4 votes
White
84% 21 votes

Re: Black or White?

• Options
    Keep in mind, the piping will look like the one done in white. The black piping photo was the ones I could find that was most similar. (So the black piping on the last tier won't have those little lines along the base)

imageimage

• Options
    Black (and other dark icings) have a lot of dye, which often tastes bad and stains your tongue/mouth/fingers.  Hence, voted for white.
  • Options
    IMO black piping is very hard to do well.  So if you have an excellent cake decorator then go for it, but if their work is only okay I vote for the white because mistakes are more easily concealed and corrected.  Once black is pipped on white fondant there is really no room for error.

Add in the fact that black icing will stain your teeth, tongue, whole mouth and even your fingers and clothes, I vote for white icing.

• Options
    White on white.

Dark icing in general is hard to do and when not done by someone extremely skilled, I think it looks tacky and amateur.  Plus, as Maggie pointed out - it stains and is harder to conceal if there are mistakes or a too hot or too humid day resulting in it shifting on the cake a bit.
  • Options
    Not a big fan of black piping on white - I think the white on white looks much more elegant.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! White it is!

imageimage

• Options
    White looks more elegant. Voted white
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    White. It looks more elegant and if cake is going in my mouth, I don't want a black tongue or black lips because of it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I voted for white because it looks more elegant than the black but Gold would be gorgeous and fit your theme so well. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards