Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

1 DJ/MC combo v. 1 of each

Hi Ladies! 

I need some advice. My FI and I are looking into DJs and we've found one we like. His packages all come with 1 entertainer that does both the DJ and MC roles. To add another person on as an MC is $300 extra. Its not a huge extra expense, but we'd like to save where we can. We were under the impression that it would be better to have both. Does anyone have a single DJ/MC booked for their weddding or been to a wedding where it was just one entertainer? How was it? Or do you think it would be better to just spend the money and have both? 

Thanks! 

Re: 1 DJ/MC combo v. 1 of each

• This person you like ... would he be the actual one person team?  Or, if you added someone, would the person you like be the MC or the DJ?  

I think the person with the mic representing you and FI is super important.  So, I'm curious who that person is.

Also, I'm a big fan of the MC communicating with a fun yet professional attitude, and then shutting up for the most part when dancing starts ... so I'd probably go 1 person team :-)
  • My DJ was the MC and he did fine.  He had an assistant (his wife) to help him, but ran everything by himself for the most part.  I'd save your money and use the 1 person!

Anniversary
  • hpubridehpubride member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2015
    My DJ did both and he was phenomenal! I was under the impression that when they are hired for a wedding they are supposed to MC the event as well as play music. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards