May 2016 Weddings

What day are you getting married?

Hey everyone!!!! I figured, since this board is not really active yet, I would help get it started.

So what day of the month are you getting married?

Me and my wonderful FI are getting married on the 28th.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What day are you getting married?

• Yay, I'm glad this board is finally started. My FI and I are getting married on the 21st. 
  • May 20th! I'm so excited that we finally have our own board. :)
  • falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    Yaaaay! CONGRATS on your engagement Ladies!!!

So far we only have dates in the later part of the month but hopefully as more people notice that this boad is active we'll get a better range!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• alexandra0522alexandra0522 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
    Hopefully! Is anyone else excited that we can now say that we're getting married next year? Saying "next May" just sounds so much closer than "May 2016"!
  • falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015

Hopefully! Is anyone else excited that we can now say that we're getting married next year? Saying "Next May" just sounds so much closer than "May 2016"!

I am!!!!! I've been engaged for almost two years and we had our date picked 6 months into our engagement, so I've been waiting for what feels like forever.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

edited January 2015
    Same! We got engaged two years ago this month, so it's been a long time coming! 
  • I'm excited that I get to actually book vendors without them looking at me like I'm crazy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm getting married May 7, 2016. It is the day after My FI and I's 9 year dating anniversary. I have been engaged since March 9, 2014. I'm also excited to say next May instead of May 2016. 

My ceremony/reception site, caterer, and photographer are already booked. Definitely getting excited. 
  • We are also getting married on May 7, 2016! We've been engaged sine July and everyone is giving us grief that we aren't doing it this year instead.  We have booked our venue and are in the middle of interviewing photographers for the engagement and weddings photos.  We're getting more and more excited as the months go on :-)
    edited January 2015

Congratulations, ladies! Have any of you done any planning so far? If so, what? We've booked our reception venue (a hotel) and our church has us penciled in (they don't book weddings more than a year in advance). I went dress shopping two weeks ago with the intention of just looking, but I ended up falling in love with the first dress I tried on and I bought it! We also have a rough guest list, but other than that, we've just been brainstorming (although we have a good idea of what we want). Our venue is all-inclusive, which saves us the stress of finding a decorator, cater, baker, etc.

• We've got both the ceremony and the reception venues booked, the ceremony is at a beautiful park, and the reception is at a hall. The hall is pretty bare bones so we have to bring in everything, but thats ok with me. I've had my dress for about a year now. Even got my Dad, the scary Marine, to cry. =) We have the guest list together, and the florist picked, she doesn't book more than 14 months out though. We also have decided on our wedding bands and wedding party and I designed the invites one day when I was bored.

We have to plan from out of town, and we're both in undergrad, so it takes some definite scheduling.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Congrats to all of you ladies! I just got engaged on December 18th, so I'm still super new to all of the planning, but we do have a date an venue. We'll be getting married May 21st at the Toledo Zoo. That and a rough draft of the guest list is about it for right now. We're also planning the wedding from out of state while I'm in nursing school. 
  • Wow! You're making me feel behind with all of your planning. ;) It must feel good to be ahead of the game, though! I don't know how people plan a wedding in under a year! Also, I swear we must be twins because I'm an undergraduate, too! What year are you in?
  • Wow! You're making me feel behind with all of your planning. ;) It must feel good to be ahead of the game, though! I don't know how people plan a wedding in under a year! Also, I swear we must be twins because I'm an undergraduate, too! What year are you in?

Idk if you're talking to me or someone else =) , but I'm a senior, starting this monday. I graduate about 6 months before the wedding.

What about you?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

edited January 2015
    @falsara Yes, I was talking to you, I'm sorry for not making it clear! Don't mind me, I'm still getting the hang of the forums…I had never used them before our month board went live! I'm a junior. I was supposed to graduate one week (!) before our wedding (which was our original reason for having such a long engagement), but long story short, I have to stay for another semester, so I'll now be graduating in December 2016. Next year is a big year for us, huh? :)
  • @alexandra0522‌ seems like it. You have the same graduation date as my FI. =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yay May 2016 - my FI and I are getting married 5/29/16.
  • JslynR said:

Yay May 2016 - my FI and I are getting married 5/29/16.

Yaaaay, another person in the club! !!!!! You're getting married the day after me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• May 20th :D Congratulations to everyone on your engagements! Let the fun begin!!! :)
    edited January 2015
    @bubblybride2016 We're date twins!
  • So far planned for May 20th. Fingers crossed it sticks to that date. 
  • We're also having our wedding May 20th assuming no last minute scheduling conflicts, sending deposit in on Tuesday! May 20th is right between my birthday and my fiance's birthday, easy to remember!
  • We're also having our wedding May 20th assuming no last minute scheduling conflicts, sending deposit in on Tuesday! May 20th is right between my birthday and my fiance's birthday, easy to remember!

That sounds wonderful!!! Just a small suggestion, if you think you'll be active on the forums you may want to consider changing your username to something more memorable so that others posters can recognize you apart from the other Knottie ######S usernames. ( just not real names, Internet safetype you know) =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hello fellow May brides!! I am pushing for the 14th. and compared to some of you, i am sooo behind!! Happy planning :)
  • Congrats ladies, we haven't confirmed with any venues yet, but we are hoping we can get married on 5/28/2016. However, I am totally fine with the 29th for my dream venue
  • bellkeis said:
    Congrats ladies, we haven't confirmed with any venues yet, but we are hoping we can get married on 5/28/2016. However, I am totally fine with the 29th for my dream venue
    We might be date twins!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• May 14th, 2016!!! My fiancé and I got engaged Christmas Day in front of both our families.  We have our ceremony location, and reception venue booked, and the photographer almost booked.  I think I only saw one other May 14th bride on here!  It's a exactly a month after my parents' 31st anniversary :)
  • May 28, 2016! Over the nice long weekend so people can make a trip out of it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards