New York-New York City

Finally engaged - looking for reception venue

Happy New Year !!!

Im actually engaged !!! ... and now Im looking for a venue for my reception ( We're having a Catholic Church Ceremony in Flatbush, Brooklyn). Most venues I've seen are way too expensive +125 pp or the rental fee is expensive. Are there any venues that is not too gaudy or outdated and also affordable . I don't want to spend no more than $10,000 for my reception if possible. 

Dates: April , August or September 2016 (Saturday)

Re: Finally engaged - looking for reception venue

• Couple questions: do you want the reception in Brooklyn? And how far away from your church do you want the reception? Do you want a venue with in-house catering or are you willing to just rent the space and bring decor and catering? And how many guests are you looking to have?

A friend of mine got married at a loft in Greenpoint. It was a huge open space and she brought in the decor, alcohol, catering, etc. It ended up looking very beautiful. You can also check out Brooklyn winery.

Hope this helps.
  • A summer Saturday for less than 10K is very hard to swing, IMO.  Probably better luck with an April wedding.  The company that does Split Rock Golf Club in the Bronx has a site in Brooklyn too.  They're open to negotiations and you will probably be able to get a package for less than 125 a head.  Good luck!
  • I found the name.  It's Dyker Beach Golf Club.  Go check them out.  Good luck!
  • Thanks I am willing to travel ... Because I realized I rather have a all-inculisive reception site. It's easier and less headache 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards