Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Wearing rings to DR

My husband and I are going on a much-needed vacation to Punta Cana, staying at the Majestic Excellence. I am unsure if I should bring my engagement/wedding rings with me. Even if things are left in the room safe, you can never be too sure. I bought a fake set at Macy's, but unfortunately they're too big for my fingers. What would you ladies suggest?
Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com

Re: Wearing rings to DR

• Options
    I find it amusing when people don't wear their rings on vacation.  Have them insured and make sure they properly fit and I don't know why you wouldn't wear them...especially if you're in the confines of a resort. I cruise fairly often and this past November went to Honduras and Belize, two countries that aren't terribly safe, but all I did was flip my ring around so the diamond was in my palm while strolling through the city. A fake set will still draw attention to you and will potentially cause harm to you. 
  • Options

I don't wear mine on vacation, mostly because it is too big and it slips off a bit now if my hands are wet (it's only flew off once but has felt too loose for comfort before) have but I'm just waiting until we actually get married to get them both resized.  I would wear the band but not the engagement ring if it fit better.  I worry more about it accidentally slipping off in the water than I do someone stealing it or wanting to rob me.  They are insured but you still have a deductible to pay so I'd rather not chance it personally

friend got married last year and her husband lost his in the pool and the next day another guy did too and in the search they somehow found my friends. crazy

• Options
    Insure it and wear them - Especially if you're going to a resort. You're very safe on a resort and if you leave the resort, wear your diamond on the inside or put them in the safe for the time being. Millions of people wear their rings on vacation without incident. I got engaged on the beach in Mexico and wore my ring for the entire duration of our trip. As long as it fits properly, you're fine.

• Options
    I turn my diamond into my palm in certain places as well. Otherwise, I've worn my rings all over the world without issue. I have them heavily insured. After all, my DH bought them for me to wear!!

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

Isnt this the entire point of insurance???

I think fake rings are stupid. Either wear your rings or dont. But there is no need for a fake ring. That just screams insecurity to me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

Isnt this the entire point of insurance???

I think fake rings are stupid. Either wear your rings or dont. But there is not need for a fake ring. That just screams insecurity to me.

This.

mlg78 said:
    I find it amusing when people don't wear their rings on vacation.  Have them insured and make sure they properly fit and I don't know why you wouldn't wear them...especially if you're in the confines of a resort. I cruise fairly often and this past November went to Honduras and Belize, two countries that aren't terribly safe, but all I did was flip my ring around so the diamond was in my palm while strolling through the city. A fake set will still draw attention to you and will potentially cause harm to you. 
    And this.

• Options
    mlg78 said:
    yup. Wore mine into some scary parts of Bangkok and I was just fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wear it.. we went to the Colonial Majestic (right next door to your resort) and while I didn't have a ring at the time I wore my diamond earrings and necklace with no problems.. We also had a good chunk of cash that we kept in our safe and at no time did we feel like it was a problem.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards