Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Need Opinions on Hair Preview

I had my hair and makeup preview yesterday. It went well and I really liked the makeup so no complaints there. The thing that I'm not sure about is the hair. I like the curls well enough but I think that they may be a little too curly (I normally have very straight hair). The MUA told me that it would not be a problem to do the same but with looser curls and after wearing it all day yesterday, I thought it looked better at the end of the night when the curls had loosened up.

My FMIL and FI saw it and my MOH and mother saw pictures. My mom and FMIL both really liked the curls as they are, both of them commenting that it reminds them of the glamorous movie stars back in the day. My FI and MOH said they like it but think the curls should be a little looser, partly because I look like a completely different person because of the hair (the makeup is very natural).

I'm happy with my MUA and will definitely be sticking with her. I just want to get some other opinions on the hair before I tell her I'd like the curls to be looser. What do you guys think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Opinions on Hair Preview

• I think it looks really nice.  I would be afraid to have the hair stylist do looser curls because like you saw, the curls loosened up by themselves as the day wore on.  So just imagine if you had looser curls to begin with.

What time is your ceremony?  What time is your hair appointment that day?  If you have quite a few hours in between then you should be fine with how she did it at your trial.  But if she is doing it maybe only an hour or so before your ceremony then you may be okay with looser curls.

• I think it looks really nice.  I would be afraid to have the hair stylist do looser curls because like you saw, the curls loosened up by themselves as the day wore on.  So just imagine if you had looser curls to begin with.

What time is your ceremony?  What time is your hair appointment that day?  If you have quite a few hours in between then you should be fine with how she did it at your trial.  But if she is doing it maybe only an hour or so before your ceremony then you may be okay with looser curls.
    Ditto. Your curls will loosen over the course of a day. I don't think you have much to worry about (them staying tight). You don't want your hair to fall either. Typically stylists will do your hair tighter because it falls over the course of a day. Did you notice that it fell a little more as your day went on?

• I'm with PPs. I think maybe you're concerned because you're so used to having your hair straight and seeing it like that, that the fresh curls seem like 'too much'. But like you said they loosen, and I think they look great in the first place. If you did them looser you might just end up with practically straight hair by the end of the night, I'd stick with what MUA did originally. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree with PPs. Just wanted to add that I think it looks beautiful!
  • Very pretty! 
    Always start with a tighter curl than you would want ideally. Curls will always loosen up. 
  • Beautiful!! Unless you want REALLY loose curls, I'd keep it as is. Your hair looks really lovely and it'll loosen up. (although if you don't mind the really loose curls, do feel free to go for it and say so, just be aware that's what happens!)
  • I think your hair looks stunning-it will probably loosen out throughout the day also, so going too loose too early could result in the curls falling out (girl with super fine, straight hair talking here). Have a happy wedding day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards