Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Possibly tone down the makeup on the wedding day?

I had my makeup trial yesterday and afterwards I ended up booking with the girl I saw. I showed her a picture of what I liked and in the end I wasn't the thrilled about my makeup. She did a wonderful job, but I normally were very light makeup so seeing thick dark eyeliner on top and bottom was a bit too much for me to handle. In all fairness she copied the picture, I guess I'm just not suited for that type of look. 

Anyone have suggestions what I should say on the actual wedding day? I loved everything BUT the eyeliner - foundation, blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, etc looked great, the eyeliner, however made me not look like me at all.

Re: Possibly tone down the makeup on the wedding day?

• If it's such a little thing like using a little less eyeliner, I don't think it'd be a problem to just tell her that you'd like a little less eyeliner for the wedding day. It's not like you're changing everything. My MUA told me that she could do any little changes on the wedding day no problem as long as I'm not asking for anything drastically different. Your MUA can probably do the same; just let her know.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had the same problem. I never wear eyeliner and it was just too much for me. I just told her that and she ended up doing just a very light eyeliner on my top lid. 
  • Ask her to use less eyeliner on the wedding day. 
  • I think you should do you own makeup.  Don't you want to look like yourself?  Don't you want your groom to recognize his bride?  Be yourself!
  •  
    I think you should do you own makeup.  Don't you want to look like yourself?  Don't you want your groom to recognize his bride?  Be yourself!
    @catherine2015 I'm not sure what kind of makeup you've had done, but there is a way to wear makeup and still look like yourself. And unless she's made up like a clown, I'm sure her fiance would still recognize her. 

Asking her to tone down the eye liner is totally fine-also, if she does it and you don't like it, you're well within your rights to stop her and ask her to adjust it/remove it. I'm sure you'll look lovely on your big day!
  • I think you should do you own makeup.  Don't you want to look like yourself?  Don't you want your groom to recognize his bride?  Be yourself!
    Are you afraid your groom isn't going to recognize you? We're not talking plastic surgery here. We're talking makeup. 

Seriously?
    Seriously?
    And some make up that we pedestrians use (Hey, me over here.) will NOT photograph well. Make up artists are very familiar with how make up will photograph and how well it's going to come across in digital format. 

Very different from doing your own makeup and taking Instagram selfies.

• Tell her exactely what you wrote, "I like how my blush, lips, etc turned out, but the eyeliner was a bit heavy for me. Can you start off with doing it much lighter & then we can always add a little more if I feel I want more?"

It's easy for her to add more & make it more bold.Once you get to a level you are comfortable with, just speak up & say, "That's it!!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards