Nevada-Las Vegas

I'm not sure how this works?!!! Aria Las Vegas September 2016

Hi! So I live in SoCal and am planning a wedding in Vegas at the Aria for Sept 2016. I just emailed them yesterday regarding floral add-ONS and price lists to get the ball rolling. Also had them check the date I wanted to make sure it was available and of course it is because we are pretty far out from that still. My fiancé and I are planning on around 50 people to be joining us. I love organization but my fiancé seems to think that we'll plan the ceremony and then afterwards just hit the strip. This sends my OCD into a frenzy. With 50 people that just seems like a problem waiting to happen. Has anyone else done things this way?? We're headed to vegas to save money so I understand the no reception thing but it's stressing me out a bit....thoughts????

Re: I'm not sure how this works?!!! Aria Las Vegas September 2016

• I know a lot of people have some sort of reception whether it be dinner, an in-suite, heavy appetizers or a full reception. I think if your guests are traveling to Vegas, the least you could do is feed them before or afterwards :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennbisme said:
    Hi! So I live in SoCal and am planning a wedding in Vegas at the Aria for Sept 2016. I just emailed them yesterday regarding floral add-ONS and price lists to get the ball rolling. Also had them check the date I wanted to make sure it was available and of course it is because we are pretty far out from that still. My fiancé and I are planning on around 50 people to be joining us. I love organization but my fiancé seems to think that we'll plan the ceremony and then afterwards just hit the strip. This sends my OCD into a frenzy. With 50 people that just seems like a problem waiting to happen. Has anyone else done things this way?? We're headed to vegas to save money so I understand the no reception thing but it's stressing me out a bit....thoughts????
    I'm a bit confused by what you're planning- what do you mean by "no reception thing"?  You certainly don't have to do a big traditional ballroom reception, but a reception is to receive your guests and thank them for coming (and in this case traveling) to your ceremony.  Food for 50 would absolutely need planned in advance, so you're right that just "hitting the strip" is a problem waiting to happen.

Cost wise in-suite receptions seem to be pretty efficient since you can buy booze at the liquor store and get reasonable food brought in.  Then after the official reception you can all hit the strip!
  • Trust your bridal instinct, give your fiancee a light wack upside the head, and then return to the boards and start planning some sort of reception. Hitting the strip with 50 people unorganized is madness.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ok I'm glad I'm glad I'm not crazy for thinking this would be a huge mistake. Yes I don't want a huge ballroom reception I'm thinking about possibly doing a buffet? I've heard wicked spoon is good but for 30-50 people I would assume I would need a private room. Are there any other places that might be cost effective that anyone knows of? And all in-suites I've seen don't accommodate for that many people.
  • Paris buffet will give you a private room and I believe about ten dollars cheaper a person than wicked spoon. I'm doing Mandalay Bay buffet and vista suite for cake and dancing and I've seen people do 50 ppl in those. Maggianos or Trevi might be a good option as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    We had 43 people in the Vista Suite at Mandalay Bay, and we were quite comfortable. We had Masterpiece Cuisine cater a bunch of heavy apps and fruit/veggie/cheese trays, and we spent about $1000. Since we were in a hotel suite, that meant we could buy our own alcohol too, which saved us a ton of money.

And by "heavy apps", I mean HEAVY apps. People were stuffed. :) We had burger sliders, pulled pork sliders, mini-pizzas, a couple of vegetarian options that had mushrooms and cheese and stuff, mini-tacos, etc.

You could also email the buffets and ask them about their per person cost. I remember Studio B was the cheapest back when I was pricing things out. I think it was around $25/per person.
  • jennbisme  I am also getting married at Aria 5/30/15. My party is small around 40-45 people. I booked Magianno's for lunch to save on cost and they serve big portions. They also rent a ipod dock so you can play music during the reception. The reception room is private and you feel like you have your own space and privacy. If you decide not to have a cake they do include desserts in their packages and have many choices.  As a guest to a wedding it is nice to have a plan of what you are going to do after.
  • Also check out Carmine's. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having 47 people at wicked spoon without a private room and don't forsee an issue since we didn't want dancing or speeches and such. Just contacted group reservations and submitted half the projected balance at the time of reservation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards