Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon - Camera

Hi Ladies!  Ok so FI & I are planning a 2 week honeymoon to Spain!!!! I am so very excited to place what we plan on doing on this trip.  But I know that I will want amazing pictures of this trip.  Does anyone have any good recommendations on a good traveling camera that isnt more than lets say $300?  We plan on bringing an iphone6 but I do want a good camera so that I can start practicing.  If you want to move my question to another board its all good with me just couldnt find the right place for this.  TIA

Re: Honeymoon - Camera

• Options
    We got a brand new GoPro as a wedding gift, and it was awesome for our honeymoon! It's small and light, so it's easy to carry around. I also like that you can do the wide angle pictures, which makes it easy to capture a lot of the scenery. 

It has an app that works with your iPhone too, so you can download pictures straight to your phone if you want to share them with friends or on social media. You can also use the app to control your camera.

I think the model we have is a little more than $300, but I think the slightly older model comes in around that price.
  • Options
    We have the Sony Action Cam, which is Sony's version of a GoPro. It is WAY cheaper than a GoPro though. We also got an LCD screen that the camera plugs into so it works like a regular camcorder, but it takes pictures too. Great value and works great. There are side by side video comparisons online so you can see the differences between them. My IT manager husband is thrilled with it.
  • Options

Do you ever take trips to he caribbean or beachy? If so, I really recommend getting a waterproof camera. It will give you great pictures of Spain but also can be used on other trips. We got an Olympus Tough for about $230 and we absolutely love it. The picture is so bright and clear, and we've taken it on many fun water excursions.

If you're looking for something more high end like a Nikon or Canon, the base models are around $500. My husband has one and he barely uses the thing because he's always worried about getting it dirty or something, so we always end up using the Olympus.

• Options
    Another vote for waterproof.. I have a Fujifilm that I bought for a trip to Bermuda and it's waterproof, shockproof, freeze proof, and dust proof. It's going strong after 3 years and I got it for $150 at Costco. As others have said, we have a big expensive one but we worry about it getting hurt.. I can drop mine in the water, take it snorkeling, or set it up on the snowmobile or on the beach without worrying about what's getting in it. It's also super fun to throw it to people in a pool/water and watch the horror on their faces when they drop it hehe.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you @littlemushroom @jenna8984 @lovemesomemonster!  All your suggestions are very helpful.
    I plan on selling my current camera to amazon and teh credit and buy a activity waterproof camera.  Like some of you mentioned we will be taking beach vacations and day trips to teh beach in life...so it is good to be prepared and not just for one time of trip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards