Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Did you book all your sessions with just one photographer?

Just was wondering if everyone booked there pics with the same photographer or different ones?
Are there benefits to booking all your sessions with just one? (engagement, wedding, bridal, and possibly boudoir) I'm thinking yes and no. I'm torn between having a different feel from session to session or keeping everything looking the same. 
the guy I'm planning on going with really is really good about making the pics come out the way you want as well as giving group deals if everything is booked through him but maybe do engagement with another and just mix it up?

Re: Did you book all your sessions with just one photographer?

• Options
    Mine are all with the same photographer. I like that because she knows us and we would already be comfortable with her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One benefit to doing an engagement shoot with your wedding photographer is that you and your FI will get to know him/her which will make you more comfortable on your wedding day. Doing a shoot with them before the wedding helps you to know how they work, what poses they suggest, etc. so you'll be prepared for your wedding day. Our photographer includes an engagement session in all her wedding packages for that reason - it just helps make everyone more comfortable with each other on the big day!
    --

• Options

I agree with everyone above....I was a little nervous about the photographer that we booked for our engagement photos (even though his work was great). But once we did the photos I was in love! I had my engagement photos 4 days after they were taken and he promised that we would have at least 10 great shots within a week after the wedding (this is rare).

I would say interview your photographer and ask for references.

Good Luck 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you are paying for e pics I highly recommend using the same photog as your wedding so you have a trial run with him. I would say the same about bridal portraits, if you choose to do them - they are common in my region.

I would pic the best boudoir photog you can find if you do boudoir pics. This is a specialty and you need to feel super comfortable with the photog. Also the ones that do amazing work in this field don't always do weddings. Look for ones that do packages that include hair and makeup. It's not thing, but if I were to do it I'd pay to have it done well.

GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards