Pre-wedding Parties

Low key bachelorette party ideas

I'm looking for some ideas for a low key bachelotte party upon the bride's request. She doesn't drink, has a baby so she doesn't want to go away or get too wild, she really just wants it to be a chance to get together with all her friends she doesn't get to spend as much time with as she'd like. First she suggeted a spa day but then changed her mind thinking it would be too expensive for each person and no one would attend. I want to make it more special for her than just a dinner. Something pampering or entertaining (maybe a show) seems to be up her alley. Any suggestions?

Re: Low key bachelorette party ideas

•  What does she like to do? What is everyones budget? Does this have to be in the evening or can the event be during the day? Where are you located?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are you near an ocean? I do not drink and do not like being out late at bars, so my girls picked me up at 8am and we spent the day the beach. We had a cooler of food, magazines, we swam, took silly pictures, they made me walk around and ask strangers for marriage advice. Then we put clothes on over our suits and went to dinner. Home by 8pm. It was perfect for me.

I have been to one that was just dinner at a nice restaurant and we sat around at the table talking for 2 hours before we left. I really enjoyed that.

If there's a sports event going on, maybe you could go? I don't even like baseball but sometimes I buy a cheap seat with friends just to enjoy the atmosphere and eat some yummy stadium food!

• @jenna8984 I love all of your ideas.  I would also add an old fashioned girls' night in with movies, junk food, pop corn and wine for those who do drink.  No make up or fancy clothes or even tipping.
  • Pedicures followed by dinner and a painting class? Or poetry making or beading or really any crafty style thing?
  • Pedicures followed by dinner and a painting class? Or poetry making or beading or really any crafty style thing?
    I would definitely try a painting class, those are getting really popular in my area as well.
  • My sister wanted a "girls gone mild" bachelorette party. We did dinner then went bowling at one of those swanky higher-end bowling joints.
  • What about brunch and mani/pedis?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @redoryx that title is hilarious, I'm totally stealing it for my next game night

• @jenna8984 I love all of your ideas.  I would also add an old fashioned girls' night in with movies, junk food, pop corn and wine for those who do drink.  No make up or fancy clothes or even tipping.
    I second this ^^ 

Myself and the other bridesmaids did this for our friend's bachelorette party and she loved it!! It was hosted at one of the BMs house. We watched movies, played wedding charades, chatted about nonsense that we don't all have time for now that we're out of college. Just did pizza and chips and drinks for the ones that wanted it. Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards