Wedding 911
Options

Invitation Typo help

Help! My cousin designed our invitations and I had my fiance approve them. As soon as he did, I went ahead and ordered prints online. I only noticed the typo after showing it to my MoH. I noticed that instead of saying Bride's name & Groom's name, it says Bride's name to Groom's name. It was so small that we both overlooked it. Would it be too tacky to cover "to" with "&"? It's too late to get it reprinted as I'm already behind in getting the invitations out and we can't really afford to do that. Any suggestions/advice please?

It reads:

With joyful hearts

Bride's Name
                          to
                 Groom's Name

invite you to share in their celebration of
                                           love and commitment

Re: Invitation Typo help

• Options
    I would just leave it. I think it would look even more noticeable if you try and fix it. Did you order extra? Can you try it on an extra one to see what it looks like if you do fix it? Then decide from there. But it does kind of make sense with the "to" there. Hopes this helps! Good luck!
  • Options
    How far behind are you, time-wise? 

If you truly have no other option, I would leave them and hope no one notices. A lot of time the fix is more obvious than the typo.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Leave it alone.  I got an invite with two typos for a wedding just this past December (one was accomidations and the other was the street name Thronton, instead of Thornton).  I noticed one, FH noticed the other, we still knew what was happening and when.  No biggie.
  • Options

(Disclaimer: I design and sell wedding invitations but I'm not posting as a vendor in a buy-from-me kind of way)

The very first wedding invitation I ever designed was for a friend/co-worker. She and her husband approved the proof, had them printed by a family member who works for a professional printing company, mailed them out and everything.

Leave it to our one eagle eye co-worker to notice I accidentally inverted two of the numbers in the year (was supposed to be 2013, I had it 2031). Nobody else noticed as far as I know and if they did they didn't say anything to the bride or groom. Since you can't have them reprinted in time I'd just leave it. In this instance, attempting to correct the mistake will probably be more obvious than the original typo.

• Options
    I would leave it. I agree that trying to cover it up might add more attention to it. Probably most people won't even notice and if they do they probably won't care. Typos happen, they won't judge you for it. :)
  • Options
    Don't cover it up.

I'm a perfectionist, so I'd rather send it a few days late (just rush the new invites).  I've seen some posters here say they called the invite company, explained, and they were given a discount on the second round even though it wasn't the printing company's fault.  It's worth a try to ask.  You can work on all the envelopes so that you just have to stick that part into the finished envelopes...you could get them out the same day as you get the new ones that way.
  • Options
    I'd leave it. If names aren't misspelled and guest can still read easily where the event is taking place and what time, I don't think it's a big deal. I've gotten invitations with typos and never noticed them until I looked again to check the time and place

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also agree to leave it.  Most people wouldn't notice a typo like that and, even if they did, it is really minor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Leave it. As far as typos go I feel like this is pretty minor. Everything still makes sense, no important information is incorrect or confusing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards