Not Engaged Yet

Question for cat owners - What would you do?

2»

Re: Question for cat owners - What would you do?

• So, then what are you looking for from us? If you've tried EVERYTHING that's been suggested, and it doesn't work, are you just looking for validation to take her to the shelter or put her to sleep? 

The fact that your vet has offered no behavioral solutions is very concerning to me. Just because it's behavioral doesn't mean that it's not fixable, and your vet should be able to give you solutions.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Swazzle - Thanks, medicine has never came up as on option; I can discuss this with my vet.

@GoldenPenguin - I'm hoping somebody has other ideas that I have not tried.

@peekaboo2011 - Sure, I can try a different vet.  There are many vets in the office I normally use, so it's not like I've just worked with one vet.  But I'll try a different office.

Anniversary
  • The fact that every vet in that office wrote off whatever your cat is experiencing as "not our problem, good luck bitch," should have been enough for you to change offices approximately 9 years and 6 months ago.
    I french with my man
  • Did you see the low, disposable litter box that I posted? I realize that having a box in the kitchen probably isn't the most ideal situation, but it is probably better than her continuing to pee & poop on the floor, if it helps. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Did you see the low, disposable litter box that I posted? I realize that having a box in the kitchen probably isn't the most ideal situation, but it is probably better than her continuing to pee & poop on the floor, if it helps. 
    This. At least it is all in one spot and can be disposed of rather than all over and destroying the floors of your house.

• Like @marylab said.............. Diapers.

She will look dumb, but you won't have your problem.

• @AlPacina dumb?Who is dumb?They friggin' rock their diaper butts.
    imageimageimage

• Also, watch a few episodes of "My Cat from Hell" on Animal Planet. The guy on it is a cat whisperer, but offers a TON of behavioral solutions. A lot of times it is just that they want more attention or different/more interactive toys. I have 3 cats, and the only time they ever don't use the box is if I haven't scooped it to their standards.
  • Do you have a cat hospital near you? Sometimes they could make all the difference in terms of treatment of felines...just another option instead of going back to the same vet office and awkwardly requesting to see a different vet within that office. 
  • So home, and she had peed in the spot she's taken over in the kitchen.  I scrubbed it using an enzyme cleaner.  I had picked up a new litter box (with a low profile opening) and new litter and put that in the kitchen.  Last night - she just moved her spot.  So this morning, I cleaned that and put a puppy pad down in the original spot hoping she'll at least go there.

When a vet's office opens, I'll make her an appointment (because she peed in front of me, I'm wondering if a health issue did develop (or has always been there but just hasn't been picked up on tests)).  I'm going to look into the kitty diapers and see if there would be some kind of medication that may help the situation.  I'll also try to catch a few episodes of 'My Cat From Hell' and see if anybody else has had a similar problem.

@bride2b71614 - I can always just ask for a vet that I like instead of them giving me the same vet.  I'm not afraid to say 'no, not that vet'; I've done it before and they were pretty understanding.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards