April 2015 Weddings
Options

Attire for Father of the Bride

Hi ladies! I was wondering about the proper attire for fathers of the bride. The lady at our formalwear shop suggested that my father wear the same tuxedo as my fiance and the groomsmen, but with a different tie or vest. I have also seen the suggestion of him wearing a different boutonniere, which I like. The men are wearing charcoal grey tuxedos. Please let me know what you think!

Re: Attire for Father of the Bride

• Options
    I think my father will be wearing close to the same attire as the groom. Havent really put much thought in it yet.. One more thing to start thinking about ahah.
  • Options
    My father will be wearing a black suit, similar to the groom. I haven't seen all the suits, but hey, black suits are black suits.

As far as boutonnieres go, the groom will have a different bout from the rest of the guys.
  • Options
    We're having a pretty casual wedding (the groomsmen aren't even wearing suits or bouts), so our dads will probably wear whatever they want! :)
  • Options
    My fiance is wearing a charcoal grey suit/tux whatever formal wear it is, with a white or ivory vest and shirt and then his bout is going to be a calla lily.

We put our groomsmen in the same suit/tux but a yellow vest, same shirt though, and then their bouts are going to be roses.

Then our dads are going to be in that same suit/tux but in a grey vest, same shirt though, and their bouts are also going to be roses.

We are also wearing bow ties, so FI is wearing a white/ivory bowtie, GM are wearing yellow, and dads grey.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My father is wearing a charcoal grey suit with a matching tie to all the groomsmen. The groomsmen are all wearing the same charcoal color, but only a vest, not a jacket. So then the dad's look slightly different but still match the wedding party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards