Plus-Sized

Question?

Have any of u ladies considered having a tummy tuck before ur wedding, I'm considering it and starting to lose the weight in order to have it but, I'm realizing that if I do get it done I will no longer be plus size not sure how to feel help

Re: Question?

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I have a bit of a tummy, and good lord you wouldn't know it when I put on a dress with good structure like a corset with boning.  No, I would not get major cosmetic surgery just for my wedding.
  • Just do you, Mrs. Raines. If you were thinking about that kind of surgery anyway, and losing weight anyway, then good for you - go for it. But I wouldn't do it solely for your wedding, especially if you're feeling crunched for time before your day. If you're worried about not really recognizing yourself, or losing a piece of your identity, then hold off.

That kind of change is massive, so just make sure it's something you're ready for and something YOU want for YOU and YOUR health - not for pictures, not for your family, not for a dress, just for you.
  • Have any of u ladies considered having a tummy tuck before ur wedding, I'm considering it and starting to lose the weight in order to have it but, I'm realizing that if I do get it done I will no longer be plus size not sure how to feel help
    Ummm, no.  I did not consider plastic surgery for my wedding.
  • There are amazing spanks and other "suck" you in things out there. I have a plan to loss 45 pounds before my dress comes in....it was order 2 weeks ago. and I love spanks.

Have a tummy tuck and some leg work done after the wedding. (gastric bypass about 7 years ago)

But you need to do what makes you happy and feel like a princesses

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

In a word - NO!  Do not undergo MAJOR surgery just for the sake of looking good in a wedding gown! 

1) If you're planning on having kids at some point, every bit of work done during the tummy tuck will be undone and depending on the work done can create complications.

2) Healing time is six-months to standing up straight, one year to back to normal if you have a diastasis that needs repair.  That said - if it is a strong enough symptomatic diastasis insurance oftentimes will cover the procedure. 

3) This is major surgery, this isn't as easy as you see on the TV shows.  Do some research on youtube about what an abdominoplasty really involves!  Not just the surgery but the recovery as well.  It's not an in and out back to life in a couple weeks procedure!  Also, remember that this will leave a lifelong rather large scar across your lower abdomen and potentially wrapping around to your back depending on what needs to be done to produce the best looking results. 

4) Ideally, wait until you've kept the weight off for several years and are done having kids.  You'll be much happier with the results and won't have to undergo the procedure a second time in the future.

It's a lot to think about when you really start doing the Due Diligence surrounding the procedure.  I'd much rather deal with wearing shapewear to get things to look better than having to go through the procedure.  However for me, at some point in the future I will need to because of the diastasis, but I'm glad I did more research to know what the in's and outs of the procedure are so when the time comes I'm properly prepared even though at the start I was ready to jump right in and get the job done, I ultimately ended up postponing (even though I've got three doctors recommending the procedure for the complications I'm dealing with).  One day I'll have it done and probably wonder why I waited so long LOL..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards