April 2015 Weddings

Honeymoon? where is everyone going?

My fiancé and I are going to Sandals Grande Riviera in Ocho Rios, Jamaica for 6 nights. 

Where is everyone else going/doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon? where is everyone going?

• YAY honeymoons! Is it sad that at the moment i'm more excited about the honeymoon than the actual wedding? DiamondFan needs a vacation! FI and I are going to Palm Island Resort in the Grenadines for 6 nights. It's all inclusive and i'm so excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @DiamondFan not at all, I'm quite excited myself. FI and I haven't been on a vacation together yet, I mean besides going to Michigan to go to Frankenmuth, MI and go to the big Christmas store there and the outlet mall on the way home, but it wasn't upscale and isn't far from home for us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think we might - might! - be able to take a honeymoon now. We're looking at somewhere in the Northern Plains (local to us), kind of as a little vacation where we don't stay with family.
  • We are going on a cruise to the Carribean (Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras). I've never been on a cruise so I'm super excited! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't decided yet, but we are throwing around the following ideas: Itally with Greek Isles, Morocco, Argentia, Fiji. Those have all been mentioned. The thing we are struggling with is - do we want to go someplace interesting to see new things, or do we want to go someplace with a beach where we can just be lazy, or maybe both? To me, the answer is both - but I haven't found a place yet that has both that is not the usual (Mexico, Caribbean, etc). We aren't considering those because I've already been to Mexico, multiple islands in the Carribean, and the Bahamas. I want to go someplace new! 
  • We've narrowed it down to Spain or Greece. My FI just became a US citizen so this will be the first time we travel outside of the US besides going to his home country of DR. I've always wanted to go to Spain, and regret that I passed up an opportunity to study abroad in college there, so it has always been at the top of my list. But my friend just went to Greece, and OHMYGOD the pictures were just breathtakingly beautiful.

@allikat685 my friend told me that Greece to her was the perfect vacation. She got to see new interesting things, but also said there were gorgeous beaches which she spend some of her days lounging at.
  • We were just able to book a place in Dublin, Ireland :) SO excited. I did a 4 day tour there when I studied abroad back in college and have always wanted to go back. My FI is 100% Irish and has never been...so we both had this as an idea for a honeymoon, and luckily we can do it!! 
  • We are doing the Big Island of Hawaii. I lived on Oahu for a year and the FI was on the Big Island for a family vacation so thats where we are going. I LOVE CRUISES it was a hard one because we love to cruise but figured this may be the only time we will be able to be gone for so long 2 weeks :)  We also really wanted to go Australia but wow money wise we couldnt' swing it. Thats on the bucket list I think for when we retire
  • Thinking of visiting the western US. Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, and some other places.Anyone have any recommendations?
  • Thinking of visiting the western US. Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, and some other places.Anyone have any recommendations?

Try to stay in Yellowstone if you can. It's wonderful! But the hotel there books up really fast so depending on when your wedding is I'd call even a year out. I love the west though. All the national parks out there have a ton to see such pretty country
  • We are having a destination wedding so we will also be honeymooning in Cancun, Mexico.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ended up choosing Costa Rica. We will be there for one week in which we are staying in two different locations. One would be the volcano/rainforest region and the other will be on the beach. Cant wait for it
  • Walt Disney World.

Neither of us have been so we are very excited to spend 8 days there!

• We're going to Washington, DC and New York. I'm way more excited about NY but honey wants DC so we're spending a few days in each city. :)
    Anniversary

• We are going to Waikiki.  :)

• Ah all those honeymoons sound amazing! We have to wait until next year for a honeymoon...With our own wedding, 5 other couples and a sibling getting married this year, all of our vacation time is dedicated to nothing but weddings! We are taking 4 days off for our wedding though-2 days before and then 2 days to relax and hang out with everyone after. Can't wait til we can start looking at beautiful honeymoon spots next year!
  • Ah all those honeymoons sound amazing! We have to wait until next year for a honeymoon...With our own wedding, 5 other couples and a sibling getting married this year, all of our vacation time is dedicated to nothing but weddings! We are taking 4 days off for our wedding though-2 days before and then 2 days to relax and hang out with everyone after. Can't wait til we can start looking at beautiful honeymoon spots next year!
    We also won't be having our's right away. Between not having the money, my FI not being able to get time off work since he's training, and our impending move out of state it's just not feasible. Instead we're planning on celebrating our first anniversary by going on a cruise to Alaska. I'm so exited! :)
    We also won't be having our's right away. Between not having the money, my FI not being able to get time off work since he's training, and our impending move out of state it's just not feasible. Instead we're planning on celebrating our first anniversary by going on a cruise to Alaska. I'm so exited! :)
    I would LOVE to see Alaska! I'm sure you will have an amazing trip!
    Anniversary

• WAHOO! I GET A HONEYMOON!

I have to wait a while. I'm getting my degree in August so we're going after graduation. FI is planning it and I don't know any of the details except that I don't need a passport.
    I LOVE Alaska - been on 2 cruises up there and would go again in a heartbeat.  Have a great trip when you go! 

• We will be taking a mini-getaway for a couple days to just relax and enjoy each other and have decided to do our "real" honeymoon 6 months or a year after. One, it'll give us something to look forward to later once the wedding excitement settles down and secondly we just have waaaaaay too much going on financially (paying for the wedding, moving, etc.)  
    I LOVE Alaska - been on 2 cruises up there and would go again in a heartbeat.  Have a great trip when you go! 
    Thank you! I've heard nothing but amazing things about Alaskan cruises from people who have been and we're not really into beach getaways. Alaska is kind of a dream holiday for me. I can't wait! :-D
  • spain for 6 days :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maui! We are waiting until May though I just can't seem to wrap my head around leaving the day after the wedding it's too overwhelming especially since we are getting married out of state then to leave it was too much planning.
  • Greece!! We just bought our plane tickets this week! We will be honeymooning 4/26-5/8 :):)
  • Greece!! We just bought our plane tickets this week! We will be honeymooning 4/26-5/8 :):)
    We just bought our plane tickets this past week for our honeymoon too. Southwest was having a sale we just had to jump on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Bali. It's gonna be amaaaaazing. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards