Colorado
Options

Estes Park Wedding Advice

I am in the VERY beginning stages of planning our wedding. Pretty much the only thing we know at this point is that we're getting married (WOO!!) and we want the wedding in Estes Park. We live in Kansas and will be traveling to Colorado to have a small ceremony with family and close friends. Any advice on venues? Photographers? Fun places for a rehearsal dinner? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! We are hoping for something outdoors with a fantastic view. What's the best month for an outdoor wedding in Estes Park? Best places to stay?

Re: Estes Park Wedding Advice

• Options
    Congratulations!

Almost everything in Estes is beautiful and worth getting married at. I have heard, that while the Stanely Hotel is beautiful, there are lines to getting the best pictures since multiple weddings go off at the same time.  

I guess the first step to the wedding process would be to pick your budget. Anything in Estes Park is going to be very expensive. 

Best month...well, it depends. Do you want a winter wedding? Spring? Fall?  Summer? Every season has it's own appeal in Colorado. 
  • Options
    Estes Park is surely one of the most amazing places in the US to be married, CONGRATS! 

Before I get into too much detail I should let you know that I'm a local professional wedding photographer here, so there's that! :)

Venues: The Black Canyon Inn and Twin Owls Steakhouse is our favorite place to shoot. Rustic, romantic and small. There are many other venues here and all you need to do is go a Google search.

Photographers: There are many that will shoot your wedding in Estes Park, only a couple of us are locals. Choose wisely. Look at each one's work carefully and good luck! There are a lot of very wonderful photographers that will come up from the front range, but they will also have a higher cost. My site is here. (shameless plug) 

Fun places for a rehearsal dinner: Even if you aren't having a ceremony at the Stanley, you can eat dinner there. Otherwise, the above mentioned venue is wonderful. There are many others, Ed's Cantina would host you as well depending on the size of the wedding party. Fantastic people and delicious food. 

Best Month: By far the most sought after month or season for weddings in Estes Park is the fall. Aspen trees here are absolutely stunning and create an amazing, gold/yellow backdrop for a wedding. Otherwise, pretty much any month in the spring, summer, and fall is beautiful and the weather is really great all year for outdoor weddings. 

Good luck, and again- Congratulations, enjoy your time in the mountains!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards