New Jersey
Options

Inexpensive DJ

Hi everyone! So I'm happy to annouce that we put our deposit down for our venue and photographer! :-) But now we are hitting a bit of a road block with DJs.  It's honestly the least important thing to us (neither of us dance), but we do want to have the customary dances and something for our more rhythmic guests.  Does anyone know a good DJ who is familar with Cuban music and is under $1000 (the closer to $500 the better!). Thanks as always!

Re: Inexpensive DJ

• Options
    love0208love0208 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Hey Krodriguez0118!! ...I honestly can't help you with your answer, but I just want to provide you with a little insight to the DJ because the DJ was also not very important to my fiance and I, but after attending a recent wedding, I realized that the DJ is very essential to setting the tone of our reception....

Just keep that in mind while shopping, you don't want to spend all that money on venue and get a DJ that puts your reception to sleep by not reading the floor properly or not being "in the know" on what music with your genre will work for a party setting.  Although you don't dance, the DJ's responsibility is to get not only you but your guess dancing....

Again, this thought really didn't come to us until after we were leaving the wedding and as a result we increased our budget just a bit and ended up with the DJ and MC that we have now... :)

I do think you will be able to get a dj in your price range, good luck!  Ill also keep a look out for you, if I hear anything, Ill be sure to let you know !

• Options
    majesty318majesty318 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2015
    We used Colorblind Productions - they are bilingual English/ Spanish. We paid about $1100 but that included ceremony & cocktail hour music, so if you only need the actual reception, I think it would be cheaper.

And ditto @pearl78 about the DJ/ MC being very important to set the tone and make sure everyone has fun!
  • Options
    Thanks @pearl78 & @majesty318! I guess we didn't really think of that in our quest to save as much money as possible lol. I would hate for everyone to be bored at our reception and since he/she would be setting the tone, as you said, we better get someone who knows what they are doing. And we will Def check out Colorblind, they sound reasonable and up our alley. Thanks again!
  • Options
    @krodriguez0118, @saving money.....my goodness I so understand, it is so hard saving money in the 'wedding world'...I will say.... I searched cuban music on this website and Colorblind came up alot....Good luck with it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards