Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Question about wedding ANNOUNCEMENTS....

I just read the very helpful on  "how to word invitations" sticky and learned that it is customary to send announcements to family and friends that were not invited if you had a small wedding...we are having a very small wedding!

Has any one done this? Is this something that is done AFTER the wedding? I'm going to be ordering my wedding invitations on-line and I don't see wedding announcements. Is there such a thing? Or do I order separate invitations with the different wording?

Re: Question about wedding ANNOUNCEMENTS....

• Options
    Wedding announcements look like invitations, but they are worded differently.  They are sent AFTER the ceremony has taken place,  It is simply a formal, but personal way of telling your friends and relatives that you are now married.  Sending one does not mean that you expect a gift.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    Wedding announcements look like invitations, but they are worded differently.  They are sent AFTER the ceremony has taken place,  It is simply a formal, but personal way of telling your friends and relatives that you are now married.  Sending one does not mean that you expect a gift.
    ok, so are they actual invitations that I buy? I know it's not a invite, and the wording is completely different, but I'm wondering is it still a "invitation" I am purchasing on the internet. I have not found "Wedding annoucements" that I can buy. I hope that makes sense!
  • Options
    Vista print has many wedding announcement options that you could order.  CLICK

They don't have to match or even look like your wedding stationary.  And no they are not invitations.  On websites they should be listed under announcements not invitations.

• Options
    Vista print has many wedding announcement options that you could order.  CLICK

They don't have to match or even look like your wedding stationary.  And no they are not invitations.  On websites they should be listed under announcements not invitations.

I checked out Vistaprint, but they didn't have announcements. I know they are not invitations, I don't think I'm explaining it well on here, lol.

I could buy an invitation but change it all to have just the announcement wording, because like I said, I'm not finding just wedding anncouments.
  • Options
    I just posted a link to the announcements from Vista print in my post.

Here it is again... CLICK THESE WORDS!

• Options
    I just posted a link to the announcements from Vista print in my post.

Here it is again... CLICK THESE WORDS!
    you are AWESOME....thank you so much!! I did not find that one there!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards