Wedding Party

How to pay for their dresses?

I'd like to pay for my BMs dresses but I was just thinking that it might be a difficult thing to orchestrate so I was curious what you ladies thought? The way I am thinking I can either go with each of them when they are dress shopping and pick out their dress and pay for it there, or reimburse them for the cost once they have picked one out and bought it- are those my only two options? Which would be best?
I will probably end up just dictating the color, length and fabric style so they have the ability to pick something they are comfortable in so a group shopping trip isn't necessary. 
Thank you for input. 

Re: How to pay for their dresses?

• I wanted to pay for my bridesmaids dresses too (or at least the majority of the cost). I gave all my bridesmaids a $100 gift card to the store where their dresses were from. You could also do a visa anywhere gift card if they will be going o different stores.
  • edited January 2015
    In all, it's probably easiest to give each of them some cash and a nice note saying that you'd like to offer them their dress. It's probably the best way to do it logistically and it also avoids any awkward budget discussions (could arise, for example, if you tell them the budget is X but then they're shopping and find one they love that costs a bit more).

• If I were the BM I'd want to spend some time with the bride shopping if she has time...  I would feel uncomfortable accepting cash from the bride.  Having you pay for it in person would be a little different, I'd think...
  • My friend took me to David's to pick one out then she put it on her account there at checkout. The other maids are out of town so she told them to pick out the style they prefer and put it on her account as well. 
    If they are just going to shop at a mall or something else, I'd go with them if I were you. It can be individually, doesn't have to be a group outing. 

• Thank you ladies! I was hoping some of you might have some ideas on how to get it done in a way that is easy for everyone so it looks like I'll probably just be shopping with them individually and if they don't find a dress they love give them money to try again (my MOH is pretty critical of clothing, so it takes her some time to be happy with how she looks in a dress, I don't want to pressure her into thinking she only has one day to make a decision!) I'm sure they could just use the left over money (if there was any) for any extras they want to buy for themselves. 

Thank you so much for the suggestions!
  • Thank you ladies! I was hoping some of you might have some ideas on how to get it done in a way that is easy for everyone so it looks like I'll probably just be shopping with them individually and if they don't find a dress they love give them money to try again (my MOH is pretty critical of clothing, so it takes her some time to be happy with how she looks in a dress, I don't want to pressure her into thinking she only has one day to make a decision!) I'm sure they could just use the left over money (if there was any) for any extras they want to buy for themselves. 

Thank you so much for the suggestions!
    Sounds perfect! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards