Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Chat

2»

Re: Thursday Chat

• @futuremrshistorian UM your nephew is fucking adorable. ALL THE CANDY TO HIM.

The only problem with dragging the dress with me on the T is that this is gonna be around 7:00/7:30pm, which is rush hour. The line I'm on gets pretty ridiculous. But we'll see.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Swazzle - I don't want an IUD because by this point I'd have to have it taken out before its lifespan, most likely. And my body is already used to the pills and they work super well for me. I'd hate to lose something that is obviously the best fit for my body.

@futuremrshistorian - It's not forgetting the pill. I take it at the same time almost every day too. It's forgetting when I need to stop taking the pill. I started getting 3 packs at a time, so with a 3 month cycle it was no problem. Go off whenever you need a refill. But then this chick stole one of my packs (crazy ex-gf of a friend), so then it was use one, off week, use the other two and refill, etc. I left another pack on a vacation, so that threw me off another month. Today I went to go get my next pack from my medicine cabinet and there was none! Based on my refill date I should have one more. So now I honestly can't remember the last time I went off of it. I'm VERY confused, lol.

Sorry, probably TMI. I just didn't know how else to explain why I'm so thrown off, haha.

• @TwoDimes I have two different versions right now, and I'm working on finishing the second version, and then combining the two and condensing the whole thing. I'll post it when I'm done because UGH need feedback.
    Anniversary
  • @AlPacina - Ugh so complicated!!  Stupid BC...the things we do to avoid the babies until we're ready.

Also, I would like to take a minute to complain...I HATE writing cover letters for jobs.  I've spent 45 minutes on this one trying to make myself sound marketable and convincing that I'm actually going to finish my dissertation this year and that they should hire me, but I still feel like I'm tooting my own horn too much.  (I know I have to toot my own horn, but I don't LIKE doing it!)
  • @twodimes I completely understand that frustration!  I moved back home a few years ago, and I think that is why I am so impatient to move into my house.  I NEED me time so I can sit on the couch in my underwear :)
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    CRITIQUE MY VOWS PLZ:

Three years ago, instead of staying home and studying for an exam, I met you for our first date.
    Today, I take you to be my husband. I promise you my love, my companionship, and my unwavering support throughout the rest of our lives.
    I will be patient with you, and I will be there to help you when you need it. I will listen to you, and I will be open and communicative.
    When you are unwell, either because you’ve had a stressful day at work, or because you’ve once again contracted some sort of death flu, I will take care of you, just as you always take care of me when I’m sick.
    I will be by your side for all of life’s adventures, whether those adventures involve traveling to Europe, or raising children (or birds, or dogs). Today’s adventure involves hosting an event with a hundred people in attendance: good luck.
    You always make me feel safe to be myself when we’re together; I never feel embarrassed when I eat an entire bag of candy in one night, and you never seem irritated when I get overly excited about TV shows you have no interest in. And so I will strive to make our relationship one in which you can always be your truest self, where you never have to fear that I will judge you or embarrass you.
    I have chosen you to be my partner, and I will continue to choose you every day.

***ETA: Thanks, TK, there were paragraphs in there, but whatever
    Anniversary
  • @Phira - Those last two sentences are magic. Definitely keep those!

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited October 2014
    @phira - Why did you send the onion-cutting ninjas to my apartment to make me get all teary? 

They're very sweet, especially the first and last lines. 

ETF grammar because I do actually like grammar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @phira I love that they're personal and show your relationship. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards