Wedding Woes
Options

Hello!

How is everyone?  

Our weekend went really well.  We had a good time with BIL/SIL.  We didn't do anything too crazy, but we had fun. 

The drive down was a little dicey because we completely lost visibility a couple times due to fog.  The drive home was great, except for the extra stops because DefConn's not quite there with syncing up the bathroom stuff.  

We got home semi-early Sunday evening and had an early dinner out.  I was also able to get my room cleaned up and get some laundry done. 

Yesterday was DH's bday.  We had massages, went out to lunch, and then did some shopping.  We stopped into see my mom at her job and she said that she and my sister found a place to have my dad's 60th bday.  YAY!  :) 

And in the "we can't have nice things" file, DH and the kiddo broke DefConn's bedrail horsing around.  I hope DH can jerry-rig it.  I'm so annoyed. 

Re: Hello!

• Options
    That sounds like a fantastic long weekend, mrs.conn!

My excitement is choosing a couple of programmable thermostats.  Whee.
  • Options
    Mornin'.

I'm in the process of organizing all our puzzles with dollar store food storage containers (thanks, pinterest) and I'm in shock at how many puzzles we have.  I have 10 containers of complete puzzles and I haven't even made a dent yet.  When I'm finished with this project, all spare pieces are getting tossed.
  • Options
    So glad  you had a great weekend Mrs.Conn!

I'm not doing so well, I don't even know what to THINK about it.  That is my problem, I THINK.  I spent about 5 hours in bed last night, alternating between sweating and heart racing---anxiety.  I've never really allowed myself to REALLY feel anything, and due to talking about this with my Therapist, I feel like it's all just hitting me at once.  So between that and 3 hours of sleep and H and I not on good ground right now, because I'm hiding in my shell---I'm just existing right now. 

And that's okay, but I want to absorb, learn and move past it.  It'll just take time, which really---is pretty fucking painful.  And I have a hard time not making fun of myself either.  Blargh.
  • Options
    It's okay, O-face.  You'll get there.  IDK if it'll help you, but when my insomnia hits it's usually b/c of that.  I put in a movie that I've seen a hundred plus times (literally, I use Galaxy Quest) and I make myself recite the dialogue along to it in my head.  I have to concentrate enough, but it's boring enough that sleep usually takes over.

I can't seem to not be tired the last few weeks.  Also, a police officer was shot in our city and I'm trying hard not to lose my mind at some of the comments being made.  I know I'm WAY on the other side of what most people are saying about the situation.
  • Options
    *looking up news*  Varuna---that's sad.  DEATH/KILLING/SHOOTINGS are sad. period.  Why don't people just understand that a life is a life is a life?  *sigh*

Thank you for that, also.  Therapist even asked if I wanted medication, I told her no.  But man...after tossing and turning all night----then knowing that I was causing H to lose sleep---fark.  But I need to share how awful I'm feeling with H, even though HE can't do anything about it.  I will do it...I will do it.
  • Options
    ftrMrs0 said:
    So glad  you had a great weekend Mrs.Conn!

I'm not doing so well, I don't even know what to THINK about it.  That is my problem, I THINK.  I spent about 5 hours in bed last night, alternating between sweating and heart racing---anxiety.  I've never really allowed myself to REALLY feel anything, and due to talking about this with my Therapist, I feel like it's all just hitting me at once.  So between that and 3 hours of sleep and H and I not on good ground right now, because I'm hiding in my shell---I'm just existing right now. 

And that's okay, but I want to absorb, learn and move past it.  It'll just take time, which really---is pretty fucking painful.  And I have a hard time not making fun of myself either.  Blargh.
    ::hugs::
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    That's not what's going on.  The officer was shot is in serious, but stable condition.  They caught the guy who did the shooting.

It's the "cowboy attitude" of it all.  "I'm surprised that the other officers didn't just shoot the guy who shot the cop!" and meaning it to imply that action would've been justified.  No, just no.
  • Options

Sounds like a good weekend Conn!

I'm sorry you're hurting MrsO.  There's nothing wrong with meds though.

This am has been a cluster.  M2 was hysterical crying for 20 minutes because her tummy hurt.  She farted and started playing.  I've put in 2 hrs work, cleaned the baths, folded laundry, and shipped 2 kids off to school.  Next up dinner prep and exercise.

• Options
    OMG,  the farting and then playing is cracking me up. 
  • Options
    It was a big fart so......
  • Options
    sorry O, you need a nice nest for a while.

I'm on day 2 of the 'new' interim boss, and the secretary is trying (again) to dictate my hours.  I may have to push back.  a lot.  This can't possibly end well.

Also, I hate little kid puzzles.  The stupid things have to be put together in order to be stored--which means I'm playing w/ puzzles while cleaning up and it annoys me that I'm trying to fit zoey's nose in right when I just want to dump it in the basket.

Buffy doesn't get to read books before bed tonight because she was 'to tired to put my clothes on myself'-so I was late.  She got me pissy before we even left her bedroom, let alone the house.
  • Options
    GBCK said:

Also, I hate little kid puzzles.  The stupid things have to be put together in order to be stored--which means I'm playing w/ puzzles while cleaning up and it annoys me that I'm trying to fit zoey's nose in right when I just want to dump it in the basket.

Buffy doesn't get to read books before bed tonight because she was 'to tired to put my clothes on myself'-so I was late.  She got me pissy before we even left her bedroom, let alone the house.
    I have gotten rid of all the cardboard frames, which really wasn't many.  Most of the puzzles came in a box or as a three-pack in a tin or purse.  Each puzzle will have its own container and the picture of the puzzle is on the lid so they can see which puzzle they are picking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards