Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Best travel sites to book honeymoon

Hello.
I'm getting married in June, and I'm trying to book our honeymoon. It's coming up really quick!
We are thinking of Naples, Florida, or anywhere on the gulf side.
Does anyone have any suggestions on good websites to find all inclusive packages with flight and hotel? So far I've looked on Expedia and Hotels.com.
Most of the flights have layovers, and we are a little unsure since it is the first time flying for both of us.
Am I correct in assuming it would be way more expensive to take a direct flight? Is it cheaper to book the flight first and then find a hotel?
We are coming from Cincinnati.
This is only my second time traveling outside of my state, so please excuse my ignorance. :D

Re: Best travel sites to book honeymoon

• Options

No, it's not always more expensive to take a direct flight. It all depends on what flights are available from your airport.  Since you have little experience traveling I'd highly recommend contacting a local travel agent to assist you with booking so that all of your needs are met.

• Options
    Check out southwest they do vacation packages not just flights
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    ALL internet travel sites are travel agencies.  You might want to talk to your local travel agent and see what they can come up with.  If you aren't an experienced traveler, it is helpful to have a local expert advise you.  They can usually match internet prices.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Sorry.  Double post.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Check Southwest/Airtran and JetBlue for flights - I know from Pittsburgh to Florida they are usually the cheapest and they won't show up on those sites.

If you have a layover, I'd look at the airport map to see how it's laid out to make sure you'll have time to get to your connecting flight.  For example, I had a 45 minute layover in Philly one time, and we had to SPRINT to get to our other gate to board our 2nd flight because the Philadelphia airport is one big line, and our gates ended up being on opposite ends of the airport.  But then some airports are really small (Fort Myers is one that comes to mind) and 45 minutes would be plenty of time to make any connecting flight.

I use Expedia a lot and those sites will usually offer discounts if you book multiple services together, and it's nice because all of your confirmation numbers are in one place.  Always compare the rates directly with the hotel website too (same with airlines), I've found it doesn't happen often but sometimes booking directly has the better rate!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As you are such an inexperienced traveler, you really would benefit from going to see a travel agent in person.

It's not going to increase your cost (as agents get commission from the vendors, not from you) and they can offer you personalized advice and more guidance than you're going to find on the Internet. It would definitely help you get what you want and feel more comfortable travelling. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    costcotravel.com.. I love that site and it makes it super easy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wait a second, Costco does travel!? Good lord, I love them. 
  • Options
    Costco does have a travel agency, yes.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards