Destination Weddings Discussions

Wedding in LA? I've never been there!

My fiancé's family owns two wedding venues in Los Angeles. This makes things extremely easy for us right? Well, I've never been to LA and have always dreamed of having my wedding where I grew up...in Virginia. This is were all of my family and friends are. Should we get married (for free) in California but have to fly our friends and family out across the country or stick to getting married where I know our friends will be able to come?

Re: Wedding in LA? I've never been there!

• This is a question that really only you and your FI can answer, as only you two know what is best for you. I recommend having a conversation with your VIP guests (ex: parents, siblings, grandparents) and see how they feel about a wedding in CA. You may be surprised that people may be excited about it or they may all think it's a terrible idea. No matter where you hold your wedding, you may get declines from people you thought would be there no matter what. So, I'd just plan around those VIPs.

Also, it would not be your responsibility to fly guests to CA. Of course, it's very generous to do so. But, it's not expected.

If you have specific questions about LA as a destination or what vendors are available there, I am more than happy to move this post to the local LA board. You will get better feedback there.

• It wont really be "getting married for free" you will have to think about travel costs and hotel stays for you and your FI. Also consider the fact that things are more expensive in LA so your beauty services, catering,flowers and other rentals will probably cost more than they would in Virginia. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards