Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

What should I do about RSVPing

Who is responsible for tracking down those who have not RSVPed? Most of the guest are coming per request of my mother or his, (I have met five of his thirty guests and he hasn't seen twenty of the remaining twenty five for more than ten years), so I feel kinda over-whelmed with the idea of tracking down people I don't know or like on top of everything else I need to do. I know it sounds selfish but it is my wedding and I am paying for most of it so shouldn't I get a bit more respect?

Re: What should I do about RSVPing

• Options
    Your RSVP deadline is still a week away.   Wait a day or so after it passes and then call those who have not RSVP'd. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    You haven't reached your RSVP date. Wait a couple days after that and then start calling people you haven't gotten the card back from. There's no need to stress out over it now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Give your guests until the RSVP date to reply, and allow a few days after that to allow replies that might have been sent at the last minute to arrive. Then call any guests whose RSVP you don't have to follow up.
  • Options
    People not RSVPing is not them telling you they don't care about you so don't take it so personally.  This is a problem the greater majority of brides have.  A lot of people are busy, they mean to send it but don't.

All 4 of my girls have gotten married and we called each and every one of the non-RSVPer's to see if they were coming.  by doing so there was no extra stress, no guessing on how many favors are needed - it solved all your problems.  Give them a couple of days after your RSVP date and start making gracious and polite phone calls to your guests.
  • Options
    Also, the title of your post is misleading. These are not uninvited guests. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

I am supper stuck here! I have not heard from half of my invites and don't know if I should just assume they are not coming or try to accommodate those who will just show up. I am making everything myself from the favors to decorations and really need to know who is and is not coming. Also, my family is making all the food so people who don't RSVP and show up create unneeded stress for my special day. They have until the 2nd of next month and then they are basically saying to me," Your wedding isn't important enough for me to bother with an RSVP. If I want some free food I will show up, not bring a gift, and be like, stupid girl!" It sound harsh but really? Is it so hard to check a box and mail a per-stamped envelope? Or call me? Or my mother? I send out RSVPs on the same day I get them so I don't know what the problem is.

Jeusus, hit the chill button and have a glass of wine. Your deadline is over a week away.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I had a few invitations that guests never received.   Kind-of hard to RSVP to something when  you never received a formal invite is it?

I had a few RSVPs that I didn't get in the mail until the week of the wedding.  Mind you all 4 had a postmark of 6 weeks earlier.  Meaning those guests DID RSVP, but the USPS didn't deliver them on time.   Pretty shitty to assume they were not coming when it was not their fault I didn't get the RSVP on time.

I would not have known any of the above had I not called the people to inquire just after the RSVP date, but before the final numbers needed to be in.  

Sure there are some true flakes out there. I had 1 or 2 myself, but one should never assume that is the case.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    The bulk of people either respond right away or wait until the last minute in my experience... Just chill and wait 'til your deadline passes and then do follow up calls.
  • Options
    I am supper stuck here! I have not heard from half of my invites and don't know if I should just assume they are not coming or try to accommodate those who will just show up. I am making everything myself from the favors to decorations and really need to know who is and is not coming. Also, my family is making all the food so people who don't RSVP and show up create unneeded stress for my special day. They have until the 2nd of next month and then they are basically saying to me," Your wedding isn't important enough for me to bother with an RSVP. If I want some free food I will show up, not bring a gift, and be like, stupid girl!" It sound harsh but really? Is it so hard to check a box and mail a per-stamped envelope? Or call me? Or my mother? I send out RSVPs on the same day I get them so I don't know what the problem is.
    Dude, chill.  Your deadline hasn't even passed yet!  And how on earth are these "uninvited guests"? 

Your responsibility as the host is to wait until after the deadline has passed and then call everyone whose RSVP you didn't receive to see if they're coming or not.

• Options
    I hope it's a small wedding if your family is making all the food.

And yes, it's too early to freak out about RSVPs.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    If this is your interpretation of guests that have yet to RSVP, I shudder to think what your reaction will be to the guests that HAVE responded but then fail to show up. 
  • Options
    Just because you do this doesn't mean that everyone does.  Some people need some time to see if they can take off from work/look at their calendars to see if the can even attend.

Like the other PP said you need to take a huge ass chill pill.  Just because people haven't RSVPd yet (hell they have another entire week) doesn't mean that they don't give a crap about your wedding.

• Options

If you give an RSVP deadline, you have to be okay with people waiting until that deadline.

Sometimes I wait until the last minute to respond because I'm trying to figure out if it will be possible for me to swing the trip financially/travel/vacation time-wise. It's not because I don't care - actually the opposite.

• Options
    Breathe. Lots of people wait till the reply by date, so give it a week after that, and then make phone calls. It's too early to stress.
  • Options
    Sorry the title was misleading. I was thinking about the horror of people not RSVPing and just showing up. I have to make everything from decorations to favors and would be horrified if we didn't have enough because someone showed up without telling me. (My mother told me she didn't need one and that kinda stung!) I get very upset about these things as when I receive an RSVP it goes back into the mail with a response before I go up the driveway! I do understand people sometimes have trouble sending them out for one reason or anther it's just so stressful! It is especially stressful for me as I don't get much help. My mother works Hospice and my sister works retail so I do almost everything myself! So tiring!
  • Options
    Sorry the title was misleading. I was thinking about the horror of people not RSVPing and just showing up. I have to make everything from decorations to favors and would be horrified if we didn't have enough because someone showed up without telling me. (My mother told me she didn't need one and that kinda stung!) I get very upset about these things as when I receive an RSVP it goes back into the mail with a response before I go up the driveway! I do understand people sometimes have trouble sending them out for one reason or anther it's just so stressful! It is especially stressful for me as I don't get much help. My mother works Hospice and my sister works retail so I do almost everything myself! So tiring!
    Why isn't your fiance helping you?  It's his wedding too, right?
  • Options
    adk19 said:
    Why isn't your fiance helping you?  It's his wedding too, right?
    This.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards