Registry and Gift Forum

myregistry

Has anyone used myregistry.com?
If so, care to share your experience? We are unable to physically go to any given store to create our registry - so this seemed like it could be an alternative... but am skeptical until I hear from people who used it. Is there any catch?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: myregistry

• You know you can create registries for specific stores right online right?

• @maggie0829 I didn't! I always thought that they gave you login information after you set things up at the physical store. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup you can go right on any well known website (Macy's, BB&B, Target, etc) and create an account/registry.

• loro929 said:
    Has anyone used myregistry.com?
    If so, care to share your experience? We are unable to physically go to any given store to create our registry - so this seemed like it could be an alternative... but am skeptical until I hear from people who used it. Is there any catch?

I think the problem with universal registries is that they require an extra step after the item is purchased.  As in, you have to go back to the registry, "Mark Item as Bought", then, if it's like the Amazon universal wishlist, you have to go into your email and say, "yep, I bought that" one more time.  It's annoying and some people won't do it all so you might still get duplicates even though you have a registry to avoid that.
  • I did my registries online - one at bed bath and beyond and one at Crate & barrel.  Pretty much any store lets you these days.  

Regarding myregistry.com  I used it as a guest once and didn't like it for the reason stated above.  You click on the item you want to buy which brings you to the vendors website to buy the item.  You are then required to go back to myregistry to mark it as purchased.  I was forced to enter info regarding the purchase as well (just stuff like my name, tracking info on the shipment).  I didn't like that at all and can see how many people may not bother to go back and enter the info.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards