Destination Weddings Discussions

Thoughts on letting bridesmaid bring their kids to an adult only destination wedding.

I'm having an adults only destination wedding but two of my bridesmaids have kids. Both of them will be 2 years old. Would it be ok to let them bring their kids, but not the guests? I don't want to tell the girls no since they'll be spending so much money to be in my wedding and I adore their kids, but I don't want the guests to get upset for not letting them bring their kids.. I thought about finding a babysitter for them, but then that's even more money for them to spend. Has anyone experienced this? What are your thoughts? 

Re: Thoughts on letting bridesmaid bring their kids to an adult only destination wedding.

• You can choose who you invite, kids or not.  I would let them personally, but I also feel no kids is pretty hard to do for a DW.  So many people can't/won't travel without their kids.  Who do they leave them with for the week or so the parents are away?  I think you'll get more declines if you don't allow kids to be invited, but if you're ok with that then you can decide to invite kids or not.  

• With a smaller group (that I assume your DW), I think it could be very uncomfortable for guests if they realize you invited some kids but not others.  We invited everyone with kiddos (for the reasons PP mentioned), and actually no one ended up bringing them, but many people said they appreciated the offer.  

As a guest, I wouldn't be happy if I declined because I couldn't/didn't want to go without my kid, and then I saw pictures later with other guests of yours and their kids.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards