Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Where to choose? All inclusive, fun, and tropical.

We were originally going to do a Disney honeymoon but my grandparents unexpected decided to treat us to a week of their timeshare instead! :)  Due to being in the middle of an expensive adoption and wedding planning- we gladly took them up on this and are going to do a short 3-day honeymoon right after the wedding (probably to Disney still- undecided) and then do a week in the Caribbean in January when we have more time off of work.  

We have narrowed it down to a few options- some of the less expensive islands for the most part:

1. DR
2. Jamaica
3. Cancun

I've been to all three but FH has not.  We've been doing a lot of research and here's what I keep coming back to- I want someplace FUN!  I love resorts that have the shows around the pool throughout the day (silly things where guests can participate and it's usually very funny to watch) and then also good nighttime shows too.  For instance - stayed at Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana once and they had GREAT night time shows compared to what I've seen at other places.  Fun is really what we're looking for - even if the food is only a 6 out of 10 and romance is less than say a Sandals.  

Some we've looked at and would love specific feedback on:

Dreams Punta Cana (looks really nice- and we don't mind that there are families there too- but wondering about the entertainment mentioned above?  Can't find much feedback about it)

G Bahia Punta Cana (looks like it has that fun atmosphere based on some you tubing I did- but the place is seriously HUGE!  You have to take trollies sometimes.  I don't know if this appeals to me- any feedback if anyone has been there?  

Sandals Montego Bay (I like that it looks less "romantic-y" than some of the other sandals resorts- some of them are too over the top for us with the focus on couples- but again- unsure about the entertainment and can't find much.  It's supposed to be the most fun sandals tho?)

Also open to other suggestions as most seem to be covered by the RCI timeshare points we have.  Thanks in advance! 

Re: Where to choose? All inclusive, fun, and tropical.

• Options
    Not sure how to edit my original post- but am really looking into Ocean Blue and Sand right now- and it seems to be the right mix of everything we are looking for. I remember when I was in Punta Cana 2 years ago we took a walk down the beach and we walked around this resort and liked it a lot- so perhaps this is the right place.

Would love any feedback from anyone who has vacationed there- reading on TripAdvisor too- but figured I'd ask here as well since I was able to explain specifically what my FH and I care about in a resort.

Thanks in advance!! 
  • Options
    I can't say anything about Sandals Montego Bay, but I stayed at the Sandals Grande Riviera in Ocho Rios for my first wedding, and it was super fun! We caught a couple shows, and there are cool local things to do around Ocho Rios if you care to leave the resort -- especially if you're into adventurous nature things. Not sure if you're still considering Jamaica after your 2nd post, but if you are, I'd recommend it!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback! :) We still are- will look into it!  Were there games at the pool?  I know that's a silly thing to care about- but I love that kind of casual stuff throughout the day.  Not participating- just enjoying watching.  

The night time shows were quite good too?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards