Chit Chat
Options

UGHHHHHHHHH

I'm getting real sick of my landlord and neighbors.  First off, the neighbors are blood relatives with the landlord so literally every time anything happens they call him immediately to whine about an issue.  

So when I rented this apartment, I was given one parking space.  The neighbors have a lot for 3 cars, next to my one parking space.  Two weeks ago the landlord put a giant fucking pile of dirt in my one parking space, left it to get snowed on and frozen over, so now even if I could plow that space I'd have a solid mass of frozen dirt still making it unusable.  My roommate tried parking on the street, which led to some asshole cop pounding on our door and shouting at FI at 7:30 in the morning (And he didn't stop being an asshole to FI when FI informed him that was not his car.  Because apparently when you're a cop you just have to talk to everyone like they're a criminal 24/7) When I brought this up with the landlord, he told me to have my roommate park in the 3 car lot.

Today I get a phone call at 8 in the fucking morning from the neighbor, then another one at 8:30 from the fucking landlord.  But it was my work phone they were using, so I found out by listening to the voicemails when I got in, then called the landlord- my roommate parked in the wrong spot in that lot.  There is assigned parking that nobody told me about, and my neighbor actually saw fit to knock on my door at 8 in the fucking morning (doorbell fell off and the landlord never fixed it, so obviously I slept through that shit) then call when I didn't respond, then call the landlord, because the car was in the wrong spot. 

I feel like I'm dealing with a fucking toddler here, guys.  "No, that's MY spot!  I can't just park in the other two available spaces, it has to be in MY SPOT.  MYYYY SPOTTTT.  It totally matters who parks where in these 3 spaces that are all directly next to each other!!!!!!!  I'm calling daddy to yell at you!!!!!!!!"  

Re: UGHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    That is ughhh situation. I don't think I could live there to be honest. I feel like having a great landlord helps you not kill anyone. I would want to pur dirt on their spots and let it freeze. I'm pretty sure they would fix really quickly.
  • Options
    JFC. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. That is A LOT of bullshit. When is your lease up? I feel like it might be best to just move if they're gonna be constant petty assholes and harass you over such dumb stuff. 
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    JFC. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. That is A LOT of bullshit. When is your lease up? I feel like it might be best to just move if they're gonna be constant petty assholes and harass you over such dumb stuff. 
    Oh that's another fun part of the story.  the lease is up at the beginning of march, and a week back, out of nowhere, the landlord tells me that the neighbors below me are breaking up, and he wants to rent my apartment to one of them, so I have to move out before March 1st.

Then literally the next day he goes "forget what I said, I can guarantee you have the place until June," then mentions me signing another full year lease (So needless to say that's fucking confusing and I'm not doing that shit)

I really, REALLY REALLY REALLY just wanna say fuck this and move out when the lease is up, but march 1st is just not enough time for me to find a new place AND save up the first/last month's rent and security deposit etc.  I've been thinking I'll move out in June, so that I have time to save up and find a new place.

But I am still actively looking now and am not sure that I actually can tolerate this shit until June...
  • Options
    I'd be pissed too if my neighbor just started parking in one of my spots! I feel the landlord rage but your neighbors are getting screwed too.
  • Options
    Oh that's another fun part of the story.  the lease is up at the beginning of march, and a week back, out of nowhere, the landlord tells me that the neighbors below me are breaking up, and he wants to rent my apartment to one of them, so I have to move out before March 1st.

Then literally the next day he goes "forget what I said, I can guarantee you have the place until June," then mentions me signing another full year lease (So needless to say that's fucking confusing and I'm not doing that shit)

I really, REALLY REALLY REALLY just wanna say fuck this and move out when the lease is up, but march 1st is just not enough time for me to find a new place AND save up the first/last month's rent and security deposit etc.  I've been thinking I'll move out in June, so that I have time to save up and find a new place.

But I am still actively looking now and am not sure that I actually can tolerate this shit until June...
    Can you find a place that will take just first month's rent + deposit? Or has a special with a lower security deposit? The place I just moved into only asked for first month's rent + a $99 deposit. Not sure how things are in your city, but that sort of thing seems common here. 
  • Options
    I'd be pissed too if my neighbor just started parking in one of my spots! I feel the landlord rage but your neighbors are getting screwed too.
    I was told to use one of those spots.  I apparently parked in the "wrong" one of the three and that's what she's pissed about. That car was the only car in the lot at the time too, so it was literally her freaking out because she wanted to park where the car was, as opposed to the two empty spaces right next to it.  

Which again, absolutely nobody told me about.  I was told to park in the lot with 3 spots, and that was it.  I wasn't told about this assigned spot bullshit until it was a massive world-ending problem at 8 this morning.  
  • Options

Wait....  wut.   The couple is going to break up and one's going to live downstairs and one's going to live upstairs?  awwwkkkkwarddddd.... :)
    I don't even begin to try to understand what the fuck is going on with the neighbors or why they think that's a good idea at all.  I was also told by two of my neighbors (I think it's 3 apartments total in this house so there's the divorcing couple, and a different, MUCH NICER couple too below my apartment) that the divorcing couple was moving out completely as of two days ago, but now the girl is still here bitching about parking so I guess they're not moving out after all?  I literally have absolutely no fucking clue what is going on with these people.  Every bit of information I'm given just makes everything way more confusing.  
  • Options
    Wait so are the obnoxious horrible people below your apartment too? Didn't you say you wanted to take up tap dancing? 
  • Options

Wait....  wut.   The couple is going to break up and one's going to live downstairs and one's going to live upstairs?  awwwkkkkwarddddd.... :)
    my grandma's neighbors broke up. guy built a house at the edge of the property and i believe they still both live in the houses. 
  • Options
    I so feel your pain. I rented an apartment for a few years where I shared the driveway with another couple. It was a fucking nightmare. We lived on a main road so parking on the street wasn't even an option. One day my brother pulled into the lot to pick me up and they called the LL on me. Because he was parked there for 2 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards