Snarky Brides

Are you freakin kidding me?!

2»

Re: Are you freakin kidding me?!

• Wait... If it's not your 1st choice venue, why the hell do you even care?

There's a venue here called the Chase Center that constantly gets used for all sorts of events. My junior prom, FHs college graduation, my college graduation, a fashion show I took part in, weddings,  expos, and several other countless events. I am a little sick of going there because it's used all the time. I didn't deactivate my facebook, I just chose not to have my wedding there because I felt just kinda "meh" about it at that point.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ya'll....I'm about the deactivate my fb profile. Don't get me wrong-- I love celebrating in the joy of others' unions, but seriously...the last two weddings I've attended and the last dozen shared on Facebook amongst my peers have all been at the Cadre Building (memphis, tn). Really?! I can't take it anymore.
    Although guests would have had to park in a garage almost 1.5 blocks away, FI & I were seriously considering that venue as one of our options seeing that I had my senior prom there and had been in love with it ever since...but these people have overdone it. There's no excitement regarding it anymore *deep sigh* ...sad, bitter-sweet case. *finishes pint of ice cream* I feel better now.
    I took this not as you really wanting to deactivate your Facebook profile, but more so that you were using it as a reference a level of annoyance. I also took this as you hoping that maybe another bride or two was in the same situation and had a really good solution that might help you too! I don't think I have a solution.. but my MOH was also in a wedding at our venue. Booked after we booked it, and married there before us, but that didn't bother me a bit. I was extremely excited to see the pictures that were posted online, and I couldn't wait for our day even more. Maybe try to look at it from a few different angles. Maybe grab a margarita. ;) The positive side of seeing so many other events at the same venue is that you get a better idea of what you like. Maybe how your colors look in the natural lighting, maybe you like how the tall centerpieces complement the ceiling height.

My husband flew down to Memphis for a wedding at the Cadre this past fall and I'm really upset I didn't try harder to go with him (toddler and fur babies at home). The pictures were gorgeous. It looks SO classy and the balconies and stairs look like they provide some great views of the dance floor. I think you'd have a beautiful day there.

Good luck in your decision-making. My vote sticks with the Cadre.
  • I don't know anything about this venue, so I looked it up. From the pictures I saw, it doesn't look rustic at all.

I would never get married at the place where my prom took place.

• Why not turn off the notification feed on your facebook and not see their pictures?
    Stop trying to apply logic here. It's better to post  a useless thread on the snark board.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Wait, so if you weren't looking for advice and you were not looking to complain/vent/express frustation here then why did you post? I'm so confused.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AddieCake said:
    You should burn the venue to the ground right after you deactivate your FB. Then both problems go away. 
    You know the OP is legit gathering gas and matches. #scaredofdramaqueensontheloose #call911
  • I don't understand why you're getting notifications on your facebook since that's the reason you're so mad. The only reason I get notifications is because I'm tagged in the photo, post, event, ect. Just stop following people if its on the newsfeed. Point solved. I don't see the issue. 

I have a girl on my newsfeed who has the exact same wedding dress as I do. It keeps popping up but my fiance doesn't see it and he doesn't know which girl since I have a ton of friends that recently got married. Still, doesn't piss me off so I'm not sure what you're talking about. In fact, I love seeing her wedding so I know how the dress looks at all angles, with what accessories, in what lighting, ect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards