Chit Chat

National anthem and half-time show

2»

Re: National anthem and half-time show

• I didn't see the national anthem, but I really enjoyed Katy Perry's performance.  I'm a fan of hers anyway, so I don't guess that's too much of a shock, but Missy Elliott....man...those songs took me straight back to high school and I loved it. Her performance was awesome too.
  • Another vote for more Lenny! They needed that guy to "cool" the place up.

Loved Missy and Katy was good too, but also agree her outfits were distracting (and kind of cheap-looking). Did y'all see her shoes though?! LOVE.

The whole time I was watching the half-time show I was thinking, "Man, they sure are trying to make this family-friendly. Maybe a little too much so." Although I couldn't stop laughing at the dancing sharks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• lyndausvi said:
    emmaaa said:
    lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:
    A little tangent here -  but did anyone else notice the ATM commercial was puppies being sold out of a back of a truck for $10?

I must have missed this commercial.
    I didn't see that one either. Local spot maybe? 

Every other one made me cry. WTF.
    could be.  I haven't seen in mentioned on the national morning shows. 
    I think it was First Bank maybe? I saw it too.
    good to know it wasn't just seen on my TV   :smile:
    Looks like it was only in Colorado and Arizona though.

• @lolo883 - THANKS!!!!  
    @huskypuppy14 - haha, nope.  We are hoping that this cycle is a good one, so I POAS this morning and it was negative.  It's only day 27 of my cycle, so I'm not freaking out.

We went to the coast for the weekend.  PSA: When making reservations around your anniversary, put it in the comments on OpenTable.  We got free dessert!  
  • Katy Perry was lame except when she took off to fireworks at the end. Really, though, all I cared about was the Pats win.
  • I made a comment to J about how there's a very big difference between the recording artists who can dance, and the recording artists who can sing.  Katy kinda dances like I do when I'm distracted by something else, too.

I also want one of those sharks.

And did no one see the Liam Neeson commercial?! Our networks got rid of all the SB commercials in favour of local ones, but that one sneaked through.  We laaaaaaaaughed and then went around singing 'AAAAAAAAAaangryNeeson!  AAAAAAAngryNeeson52' all night.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • @mrscomposer Angry Neeson was my favorite. :) Although I'm FLABBERGASTED at all the money that these damn phone games are raking in for all this advertising! What the crap?! 

• re: lip synching...I think that this is the standard for most super bowl performances. They wouldn't let RHCP play live last year when they performed with Bruno Mars.  Whitney Houston's national anthem from way back in the day was a lip synch as well.
    Anniversary
  • Anyone catch the Sprint commercial with the "ass"? That was pretty dang funny! Other than that, I watch super bowl commercials to laugh, not feel depressed, thought they fell flat this year BIG TIME!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    I miss the old days of Super Bowl commercials, when sponsors tried to have the funniest/coolest commercial. This year, it seemed to be a lot of tear-jerkers and overly-sappy stuff. I asked H, "Where are all the boobs-and-beer commercials?" I was so sick of it by halftime.

I loved the Xfinity commercial (the one with the K9 who was typing reports and busting down doors). I also liked the Budweiser commercial that poked fun at hipsters drinking craft beer.

The dancing sharks slayed me. I laughed so hard. I had no idea Missy Elliot was going to show up, so I pretty much freaked out when she started singing "Work It". When she went into "Lose Control", I couldn't help standing up and dancing. It was awesome. :)

Oh, and wtf was up with the Nissan "Cat's in the Cradle" commercial? I thought it was a NASCAR commercial until the Nissan showed up near the end. Even then, I was just confused.
  • jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    I missed the first part of the game so I didn't see the national anthem or America the Beautful. I wasn't crazy about the halftime show. I liked Misst Elliot and I loved Lenny Kravitz (if I had my way he would have been the headliner of the three lol) but I can't stand Katy Perry.

ETA: for me the best Super Bowl halftimes I've seen have been Prince, Aerosmith, and Rolling Stones. The worst was the Black Eye Peas. Idk for me, super pop highly synthesized music doesn't make a good concert like show. 
  • jdluvr06 said:
    I missed the first part of the game so I didn't see the national anthem or America the Beautful. I wasn't crazy about the halftime show. I liked Misst Elliot and I loved Lenny Kravitz (if I had my way he would have been the headliner of the three lol) but I can't stand Katy Perry.

ETA: for me the best Super Bowl halftimes I've seen have been Prince, Aerosmith, and Rolling Stones. The worst was the Black Eye Peas. Idk for me, super pop highly synthesized music doesn't make a good concert like show. 
    YES.

• I loved that one of the sharks clearly knew the dance routine and the other shark clearly didn't give a fuck.
  • I'm sure Katy Perry doesn't come up with any of the show, that's got to be the choreographers and other people in charge of that crap. So I REALLY want to know if they showed it to Katy and she said "Wow that's so cool!" or if she said "Wow that's giving people a lot to make fun of!" 

• They should've just had Missy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards