Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Destination wedding - travel agent/planner

We just decided on a destination wedding in the Caribbean, and after some research I have decided to use a travel agent/planner to assist with this.  I have been considering Divine Destination Weddings and Honeymoons, Inc.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  If so, is there any feedback?  Are there any additional recommendations?  Any feedback you can provide is definitely appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Destination wedding - travel agent/planner

• Options
    I am in the same boat! Would love any recommendations as well. I am thinking of going with a planner from destinationweddings.com 
  • Options
    I used Beach Bum Vacation after many ladies posted good things on here about them before, and they were great (and free!)  They helped figure out the location and got me in touch with the onsite planner, who handled all of the details of the actual events.   
  • Options
    @saric83 Thank you! Your wedding photo looks lovely, what a gorgeous couple! Where did you have your destination wedding, if you don't mind me asking? :)
  • Options
    Thank you! :)  We went with Beach Palace in Cancun and loooooooooved it!
  • Options

I had an agent at Beach Bum travel, and she was good to work with. However, only about three of my guests actually used them because their prices were higher than booking a hotel and airfare deal directly off of a travel website such as Travelocity or CheapCarribean.com. So, something to consider. We didn't have a room block because it wasn't much of a deal, and there was no threat of sell out, plus, our wedding was off-resort anyway.

P.S. We also love the Palace resorts and spent a week at Cozumel Palace after our wedding. We were also just at LeBlanc in December. :)

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I used a travel agent located in Houston, Renee Dunkin, to plan my destination wedding to the Bahamas.  She booked for me and all 23 of my guests (not all from Houston).  Her prices were surprisingly cheaper than I could find on Travelocity or Orbitz (I was skeptical).  Maybe check out a local travel agent, or contact her, but it made it really easy on me as she handled the planning of the trip, and also began the process of getting my wedding set up with their onsite wedding coordinator.  When I arrived, my room was also upgraded - and added perk of the travel agent.  Just something to think about. 

-Robin
  • Options

I had an agent at Beach Bum travel, and she was good to work with. However, only about three of my guests actually used them because their prices were higher than booking a hotel and airfare deal directly off of a travel website such as Travelocity or CheapCarribean.com. So, something to consider. We didn't have a room block because it wasn't much of a deal, and there was no threat of sell out, plus, our wedding was off-resort anyway.

P.S. We also love the Palace resorts and spent a week at Cozumel Palace after our wedding. We were also just at LeBlanc in December. :)

We also chose not to use a room block, so people could easily book elsewhere if they wanted without us stressing about hitting a room minimum or something.  Our group ended up being about half with BB and the rest with their own TAs or online.  
  • Options
    I am using Elite Travel to plan my wedding in Mexico (9/6/15).  So far, they are available literally 24/7 and very dependable.  they also have a price match guarantee! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards