Offbeat Weddings
Options

Any other Whovian Brides?

FI and I are huge Doctor Who fans and plan to slip it into our wedding.  I saw a few older posts of DW themed weddings but I wondered if there were any more recent brides incorporating this?  My wedding is mostly rustic/eclectic with just enough DW snuck in so that you can appreciate it if you know it. I have...

Galifreyan watermarks on the STDates with the word "Allons-y!" on it as well
Galifreyan hidden in the swirls of the background of the invites
Sunflowers (Vincent!!!) as the flowers, in the decorations, and packets of sunflower seeds to plant as the favors
My cake topper is blue crystals that reads "Hello Sweetie" (A bit expencive to be custom made but I have plans for it for afterwards!!)
TARDIS blue bridesmaid dresses
I'm going to wear TARDIS ballet slippers under my dress (outside, on grass..no need to kill myself with heels!)
I figured I might have a few roses in with my sunflower bouquet.  Also have a TARDIS key and my dad's picture (he passed away a few years ago) hanging from it too.
My pastor agreed to wear the 4th Doctor's scarf during the ceremony (So cool!!)
The envelopes for my invites are blue...for a few people who I KNOW are Whovian I am going to add extra stamps to theirs.  Not for everyone but just for the ones I know will appreciate it.
I thought about having my TARDIS cookie jar be the card holder...it makes the sounds of the engines when opened...haven't 100% decided on that though

Re: Any other Whovian Brides?

• Options
    I have the TARDIS trash can that makes noises as our card holder, We have Dalek cake toppers, and I used a Dalek and TARDIS cookie cutter for one of the cookies we have at our cookie bar. 

We're doing a more steampunk/nerdy/vintage mashup

Anniversary
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun Doctor Who wedding! Nice touches.
  • Options
    We are in the early stages of planning but here's what we have so far:

Groom will be wearing the 10th doctor's brown pin striped suit (including the cream colored chucks). He will have the 10th doctor's sonic screwdriver in his pocket, along with the 500 year diary with his wedding vows written inside.

Groomsmen will all have bow ties. (no jacket, but yes to suspenders)

Bridesmaids will be in Tardis Blue dresses.

I (Bride) will walk down the aisle with River Song's journal (will have my vows inside too). I will also be wearing hand painted Dr Who shoes that my son will make.

My ring bearer is bringing the rings up in a hand painted trinket box that is blue with Galifreyan writing (popular names from the show). My flower girl will have a sunflower head wreath.

Invitations are tardis blue with Galifreyan design. The wording will include definite phrases from the show "Allons-y" "FANTASTIC" ... A love to last through all of space and time...

We're trying really hard to budget having a replica Tardis at the reception to be used as a photo booth of sorts. Photo booth props will include 3D glasses and fezzes.

Our centerpieces will be "galaxies in a jar" (blue jello with candy inside that looks like cool galaxies - they will also serve as wedding favors) and exotic looking glassware with blue and gold jelly balls inside to keep with the color theme (Think Tardis exploding Van Gogh painting)

We're having a brunch reception so I'm hoping to have a fruit table so I can put a sign saying "always bring a banana to a party"  Going to have jelly babies on the dessert table with a sign that says "would you like a jelly baby?"

Our guest book is a picture of a Tardis with a ribbon around it that has our names and wedding date. The guests sign the matte border around the image.

On our chairs, we will have signs "Sweetie" and "Companion" 
    On the back windshield of the car we're leaving in we are going to have a decal that says "I'm going to pull time apart for you. Just married" with the DW logo and the tardis.

And I do believe that is all we have (for now)... As you can see we are going full on theme wedding.
  • Options
    Forgot two other little touches we've added to our wardrobe:

Groom will wear on his lapel, instead of a boutonniere a kilt pin, with the tardis and other Dr Who images. (serves also as a nod to his Irish heritage)

I am having a fascinator made to mimic the one River Song is wearing at the beginning of "A Good Man Goes To War" when she is returning from celebrating her birthday with the doctor.
  • Options
    @ JewelBlu: I'm going to do the themed clothing as well for my wedding.
    • My groom will be in the black tux and black converse of the Titanic episode (Tennant).
    • My dress is going to be white with lace sleeves (kind of on my shoulders) with a TARDIS blue sash
    • My groomsmaids will be wearing the style of dress that fits them the best and it will be in TARDIS blue (with grey flats or heels), while wearing keys around their necks.
    • My groomsmen will have Tennant's royal blue tux from Series 3. Red converse too.
    In love since July 2010 with the man of my geeky dreams. I want to marry him by 2015. Ooooh weeee oooooh....
  • Options
    COOL!   I love those ideas!  @jewelblu , Where are you getting your decal for the car?  That sounds so cool!

I also just got micro figures of Rory and Amy..  Rory is going to be tucked into his boutonniere and Amy will be tucked into my bouquet (changed a bit and went with sunflowers and wildflowers for a little more color)

I also decided instead of the TARDIS cookie jar for the card box, we're going to use a suitcase/box that I found at Micheal's.  It has an old globe on it and words like "explore" and "travel"  It's kind of blue and brown so it even matches the colors.    
  • Options
    I have tardis replica engagement ring with sapphires,  matching miniature tardis ring box.  
    Our Wedding  bands are matching silver with gallifreyin  engraving.
    Tardis blue bridesmaids dresses.
    Custom painted Whovian shoes for ceremony. Etsy.com
    Ring bearer dressed up like 11th doctor.
    Flower Girl in tutus tardis dresses.
    Masters Fob Watch for groom.
    Bow Ties and Fez for groomsmen.

• Options
    @jessica11669   where are you getting the master's fob watch from?  I've seen a few online but they don't have good reviews.  I wanted to get one as well
  • Options
    ;_; I should have looked in this forum from the start... my people!!!

We are getting married next March and are totally with you on the Doctor Who <3.

Guys are going to have celery in their coat pockets instead of boutonnieres, our theme is the starry night painting for colors, I'm planning on having a tardis key as the charm on my bridesmaid bouquets, and I'm looking for the perfect Tardis shoes. Plus I'm trying to figure out a good design idea for the invites but nothing has come to me yet!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to try and incorporate little touches - we're using TARDIS blue for sure (*grabs @SailorK+BlueRanger's idea to use the starry night colors and RUNS AWAY WILDLY*), and we're talking about what else we'd like to include. We're also thinking about a TARDIS cake topper, although I don't know what exactly we'll do with it. We now have access to a not-quite-life-size TARDIS standup thing that FILs bought as a prop for our engagement pictures this weekend, so we may stick it somewhere if we can. I don't know yet beyond that; it's not quite Hardcore Planning Time so I'm taking it slow so I don't stress too much. 

My mom in particular is all "oh, don't do that it ruins the solemnity and the sanctity of the marriage". Nope. It makes our wedding ours, just like our marriage will be ours. If we can get away with it, we will not have a touch of solemnity in our wedding. We are not solemn people.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We are also incorporating our love for The Doctor into our ceremony, including nods to a few of our other nerdy fandoms. Our "theme" or colors are tardis blue and peacock feathers. I have a blue sash, custom ordered my groom blue converse with Geronimo printed on the heel straps. Found an awesome blue bowtie for him on etsy that has the blueprint of the tardis. I've made my own boutonnieres with peacock feathers and brooches, to go with my diy brooch bouquet. Slipped adorable tardis charms into my bouquet and FH's boutonniere. Our invitations had a quote from the doctor printed at the bottom. “There’s a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive… wormhole refractors… You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold.” 
    We are also including quotes from the Doctor in our wedding vows and when the officiant askes for a response from our friends and family, we are having them respond with "So say we all" (Battlestar nod)
  • Options
    I'm also having a Whovian wedding.  Here's the list of what we're including: 
    • Colors Tardis Blue and Pumpkin Orange (we're getting married 10/12/14) 
    • Invites: Tardis Blue with a custom design of a tardis in a pumpkin patch with a tenth doctor's quote on top. 
    • Cake Topper: Custom made Tardis 
    • Bridesmaid's dresses/Flower girl dresses: Tardis Blue 
    • Favors: Chocolate molds of a tardis and dalek
    • Groomsmen will be wearing gray suites with Tardis Blue bowties 
    • Placecards: Bowties with you'll be sitting with the ___ doctor (1-12) 
    • Table numbers: Each table with be a picture of the doctor on one side and their number on the other side (we're having 12 tables) 
    • Place setting will have the napkin in the form of a bowtie 
    • We're passing out flowers during the ceremony and they'll be sunflowers as a nod to the VanGough episode 
    • our paper (wedding programs, menus, signs etc.) will all have Space/timey wording. 
    We're having the wedding at a country club so we didn't want to go too over the top, we're calling our wedding "Geek Chic" where our theme is subtle and not a full out over the top themed wedding.  I would've loved that but didn't think it fit our venue. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm with SailorK+BlueRanger! My people!! We are having a retro geek themed wedding (yes, my user name is oh-so-original!), with lots of Dr Who touches. My engagement ring came in a TARDIS (squee!), and it may find double duty as a cake topper. Converse on the fellas, TARDIS blue everywhere (with touches of lime and cerulean), and I'm sure plenty more. We are trying to incorporate all of our fandoms in subtle ways, but The Doctor was our first shared interest. There's bound to be plenty more!
  • Options
    OMG I love this!  I am trying to convince my boyfriend of 3 years to include some Doctor Who props when we have our engagement photos! (We have been talking marriage for the last 2 yrs and he has already given me wedding date ideas, just have to be patient on the ring!)
  • Options
    I love all of these!  My wedding is on Halloween in New Orleans, so our themes are pretty much out there already.  However, my plan for the grooms cake is going to be Doctor Who themed.

I never thought about the engagement photos!  We'll have to do something with that.  My FI will LOVE that!
  • Options
    Where did you find Tardis Blue bridesmaid dresses? That is what I am looking for but that blue is tough to find!
  • Options
    My peoples!!!! We're having a very small, intimate ceremony, but after reading this thread it makes me want to have a bigger wedding. Maybe when we have a celebration for our marriage later I can Whovian everything!
    "He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Bronte
  • Options
    I'm so excited to see this thread! We are having a geek infused wedding, but as we come up with ideas, it seems to be turning into a more Whovian wedding. Our colors went from Navy to TARDIS blue, I want TARDIS shoes, our cake is going to be blue velvet, we want to get weeping angel statues/figures to freak people out..... Although, I doubt FI is going to want to part with the idea of superhero action figures on his boutonniere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Lego Whovian set is expected! We're thinking about doing this:

Revealing a TARDIS and using whatever the Lego Set is!

Anyone else thinking about doing a TARDIS cake of some kind? What are you going with?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards