Louisiana-New Orleans

Out of Town Bride - Need Venue Help!

Hi ladies! I'm hoping you all can help me. I'm planning my wedding in New Orleans for Fall 2015 and I'm trying to find a nice venue for around 75-100 guests. My top choice so far is the Ritz Carlton. Depending on the room I choose it'll be either a $6k or $10k min. Only thing I'm not thrilled about is that to have my ceremony in the courtyard, it would be an additional $3k. Or $1k to have in indoors. :-( Are there any other nice places in the French Quarter that are good for small weddings? The majority of my guests will be flying in so I'd like to keep everything in walking distance of all the NOLA fun!! I was also looking at the Blue Room at the Roosevelt but I'm not sure what there mins. are yet.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!!

Re: Out of Town Bride - Need Venue Help!

• You could do ceremony only at Irish Cultural Museum, which is right around the corner from the Ritz if you ended up doing your reception there.  We had a smaller group (37) so did both ceremony and reception at Irish Cultural Museum....
  • The Paris Room off of St. Louis Street, located right above Cafe Soule!  Everything included except photographer, cake, florist and music.  They even have their own sound set up, in case you would rather use your ipod/iphone.  For 75 people, I was quoted about $6,500, including room rental, tax, gratuity, food, drink, linens, tables/chairs, china, utensils, etc.  The max is about 120, but it would be squeezing in.  It is also just off of Bourbon, about 2 houses down.  The ceremony is an extra $550 and can be done on the terrace outside.  It includes chair breakdown/set up, champagne and cucumber water for guests before ceremony, ushers, processional assistance, and use of the bridal suite from 10:00 am until midnight.  The bridal suite is actually the upstairs apartment on the fourth floor, so you have the kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom etc for your use, as well as there is a small terrace that has a beautiful view of the city and would be great for pictures.  I fell in love with it.

I also looked at the Irish Cultural Museum and it was #2 on my list.  It is family owned and they are so sweet.  A smaller venue as well, so great for intimate weddings.  They also include a dj with their pricing if you need!
  • The Royal Sonesta has a gorgeous courtyard and decent inside space if your guest list is under 150 or so.  Latrobe is elegant but a bit dark.  The Chicory is amazing but is relatively pricey.  Still, the wrap around balcony and exposed beam & brick totally sold me.  It's technically in the Warehouse district but it's just steps from Poydras and several nice hotels (Le Meridien and Westin).  It's close enough to downtown that you won't likely have to arrange shuttles.  Federal Ballroom is gorgeous but IMO the food didn't look amazing (a lot of the passed hors d'ouvres looked like they may have come from frozen bags...).  The only downfall to the Sonesta I'd keep in mind is that you may have drunk idiots from Bourbon St. stumbling into your reception.  I'm all for drunk idiots and I love partying in the Qtr, but I'd be annoyed if they crashed such a special day!  Another positive for the Royal Sonesta though is that they totally set you up for the 2nd line that you can do right out the door after the reception.  Best of luck, once you find the venue, the rest is so much easier!
  • Oh and the most important question to ask if you do decide to do the ceremony outdoors (or reception) is what the venue's rain plan in and, as you pointed out, if it costs extra and how much.  I looked at the Audobon Tea Room as well (gorgeous, very romantic) but their rain plan was a $5000 tent...  
  • We chose the Pharmacy Museum for our space.  It seats 130.  There are several other courtyards in the quarter.  I think I searched the boards for "courtyard" and came up with quite a few options. Good luck!
  • I am looking to transfer over my wedding deposits with Eiffel Society (wedding reception), the Chateau LeMonye (courtyard ceremony), and Firefly Ambiance (decor). The courtyard at Chateau Leymone is gorgeous and intimate.This is a value of almost $4,000 which I am willing to transfer over at a discounted rate (best offer). My wedding date is scheduled for 09/18/15, but I am sure these vendors are willing to work with date changes. I hand selected each as I happily planned my dream destination wedding. However due to my mom's lung disease she is unable to travel to New Orleans and I just can't imagine getting married and her not being there. If you are interested please email me at teamporter2015@gmail.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards