Chit Chat

NWR- general life updates

Tomorrow marks 11 months since DH and I got married! A year ago, I was ready to lose my mind with final planning, the etiquette challenged nitwits on both sides of the family, and SMIL's passive aggressive attitude. Man, does time fly.

DH and I are doing well. He recently started a new job, woohoo! He's not crazy about it, (because of frustrations with the product, problems that could have been fixed but never were) but he's been out of work over a year while in school, so figure he sticks it out a few months and then starts applying to other positions. Baby talk is progressing, but agreement is in place to wait another year or two, after I finish my masters degree, and go from there.

Dad had his last chemo and radiation in the Friday and Tuesday before Christmas. His CT scan was the end of January, and came back completely negative! Doctors are astounded, but said the tumor in his colon could be hiding some cancer cells deep down below everything that was fried to hell. No mets though, woohoo! Dad is debating whether to have the surgery to remove the tumor and resect the colon- medical literature shows he has approximately the same survival rate with or without surgery (3-5 years), but no surgery means no 6 month recovery period, no risk of colostomy bag for life, and no risk of death in surgery or post op (My sister, an OB/GYN is of the opinion that between Dad's status as a 6 yr post op quadruple bypass surgical patient, insulin dependent diabetic, and low kidney function, he is not a good surgical candidate. My response is that regardless, Dad will do whatever he damn well pleases).  He has a cardiac stress test this month to see if he could handle surgery if that's what he opts for.

My grandma, 93 in PA, is doing alright. Had a nasty bout with pnemonia last week/weekend. We thought she would not live the week, given that she's bedridden and has shrunk over the years, placing pressure on her lungs. But she pulled through and is going to be just fine, bless her.

Other than that, just plugging away at work and my masters degree. But, for your entertainment, photos of Squirt (the tuxedo) and Mopsy (the tabby) are below, because, KITTIES!

Re: NWR- general life updates

• That's lots of great news! Glad to hear your dad is doing well. Yay!

Also, cute kitties!
  • That's great news, especially about your dad!

Your tuxedo cat looks like my Jack.  This is my fat little muffin.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Yay! Lots of good news. I've been thinking about your dad; I'm glad his CT scan came back negative!

Grandmas are tough creatures. They often look fragile, but they're a lot tougher than their looks.
    Your cats are precious!!! Mine are not in the mood for pictures. Ever. So no pictures of him.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards