New York-Long Island

October - too cold for the outdoors?!

Hi Knotties! 

Having a bit of a hard time with my future MIL. My fiancé and I are very close to booking October 8, 2016 as our wedding date. His mother does not agree, she thinks it will be too cold to have our ceremony outdoors at the catering hall. She also thinks it will be too cold for a second backyard party the next day we are planning to hold as an extra event for all the extended family that'll be traveling in. My question is, has anyone ever been to an early October wedding on Long Island? Is it really THAT cold?! This past October I was still wearing summer clothes...

Thanks all!

Re: October - too cold for the outdoors?!

• I am getting married in November, although my entire wedding is INSIDE - even when my parents got married in November it was 75 degrees out. I think it is a hit or miss. I think early october is still safe but what do they do if it rains? does it get moved inside? if it is very cold can they do the same? 
  • My cousin got married outdoors in October and it was definitely a little chilly. But as long as you had a wrap or a jacket, the temperature was bearable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards