Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair, Sunday morning wedding, need advice on getting stylists... 911

So I am getting married on a Sunday morning. I had hair lined up (or so I thought) and now, less then 2 months out i'm high and dry.

Has anyone else had to deal with doing hair for the wedding party for a morning wedding? I'm frantic at this point, no one seems to want my money to do this. I dont know how to do hair myself, and none of my girls are all that girly, so doing it ourselves is not really an option. I debated making an appointment for myself as late as possible somewhere the night before and just not sleeping, as I'm sure I will be to stressed over the rest to sleep anyway.

If anyone has had a similar situation I would greatly appreciate your wisdom!

Re: Hair, Sunday morning wedding, need advice on getting stylists... 911

• In our local MAC store, they have a bulletin board that posts the names of cosmeticians that are available for private side jobs. Could you call a few local salons, or check with the salon you frequent, to see if they have stylists that are willing to work on Sundays?
  • I'mm have to look for a MAC store, all the once I know of are in Macys. As for salons I frequent... I havent had my hair done since PROM! That's 8 years ago now (wow) HAHA. I'm always afraid of asking at salons as i dont want to get the people in trouble for picking up under the table, or not through the salon. I guessits worth a shot i'll jsut have to be stealthy about it.
  • You might try posting on your local board to see if anyone can suggest a local salon.
  • I had Sunday morning wedding and managed to find a stylist that came to my location at 6am on a Sunday morning.  They do exist... just call around.

• A lot of hair salons near my wedding venue will open on a Sunday morning for a wedding (with certain stipulations, like a minimum amount spent). There are also some independent hair stylists I've come across that travel for weddings, and will do Sundays. So the option does exist, you may just need to do some searching. 

Have you tried Thumbtack? Have you tried searching vendors through the Knot? Can you ask your venue for recommendations? (They should know of some local services). 

I had an awful time finding a hair person and my wedding is on a Saturday. I ended up just e-mailing or calling every salon in the area and every vendor I came across on the sites mentioned above. I ended up getting several positive responses and found someone to hire, which is also when I came across the people that will do Sundays. Good luck! 
  • A lot of hair salons near my wedding venue will open on a Sunday morning for a wedding (with certain stipulations, like a minimum amount spent). There are also some independent hair stylists I've come across that travel for weddings, and will do Sundays. So the option does exist, you may just need to do some searching. 

Have you tried Thumbtack? Have you tried searching vendors through the Knot? Can you ask your venue for recommendations? (They should know of some local services). 

I had an awful time finding a hair person and my wedding is on a Saturday. I ended up just e-mailing or calling every salon in the area and every vendor I came across on the sites mentioned above. I ended up getting several positive responses and found someone to hire, which is also when I came across the people that will do Sundays. Good luck! 
    I definitely agree with this - try Thumbtack. I usually get multiple responses within a couple of hours when I make a posting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards