2»

Re: Epic Gifts ideas

• mlg78 said:
    hsgator said:
    mlg78 said:
    hsgator said:
    mlg78 said:
    hsgator said:
    I did nice foil-pressed personalized stationery from Minted.  $49 for 15 notecards, and you can always find a coupon code. It's nice stationery, and I got each girl a different design to suit her personality. I like the idea of something personalized but not something tacky monogrammed that they'll never use again.

I also like the ideas that other people have mentioned of getting each person something totally different, as if you were just shopping for them for Christmas. I would definitely advise against anything that they have to wear to the wedding, or a robe/shirt that says "bridesmaid" or anything that won't be useful past your wedding date.
    If you're going to drop $49 on someone I'd hope you'd get them a helluva lot more than 15 thank you cards.
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!
    Not quite. Clearly people agreed with me.  I'm a huge fan of thank you notes and sending cards to people to brighten their day.  That said, I'd be bummed if I dropped money on a dress and all the other expenses that come with being a bridesmaid to only get 15 freaking thank you notes as a gift. 
    I'd prefer to get 15 of something really nice and personalized rather than 100 of something cheap and generic. Some people prefer quality over quantity. To each her own :) 
    When did I say I'd prefer 100 of something cheap and generic?  I spent about $50 per girl in my wedding party and they got fantastic gifts that they each like individually as it catered to their own interests. 
    This.

Stationary?  Really?

So you bought them a gift that is actually intended for them to use on someone else?

Yep. I get notes in the mail from them often on pretty notecards & paper, so I know it's something they like. My sister just started a new business and the logo is a hexagon, so I got hers with a pretty foil-pressed hexagon design. Two of my BMs are getting married right before my wedding so their names will be changing, so I got the personalization done with their new married names (since I know the stationery they've sent me with their current names will become irrelevant - hopefully they don't have much of that left, haha)

One of my favorite gifts I've ever received is a set of note cards with my name in beautiful thermography - something I love to use but at a quality that I wouldn't normally purchase for myself. To each her own!

Also this thread is old.
    --

• hsgator said:
    mlg78 said:
    hsgator said:
    mlg78 said:
    hsgator said:
    mlg78 said:
    hsgator said:
    I did nice foil-pressed personalized stationery from Minted.  $49 for 15 notecards, and you can always find a coupon code. It's nice stationery, and I got each girl a different design to suit her personality. I like the idea of something personalized but not something tacky monogrammed that they'll never use again.

I also like the ideas that other people have mentioned of getting each person something totally different, as if you were just shopping for them for Christmas. I would definitely advise against anything that they have to wear to the wedding, or a robe/shirt that says "bridesmaid" or anything that won't be useful past your wedding date.
    If you're going to drop $49 on someone I'd hope you'd get them a helluva lot more than 15 thank you cards.
    Not quite. Clearly people agreed with me.  I'm a huge fan of thank you notes and sending cards to people to brighten their day.  That said, I'd be bummed if I dropped money on a dress and all the other expenses that come with being a bridesmaid to only get 15 freaking thank you notes as a gift. 
    I'd prefer to get 15 of something really nice and personalized rather than 100 of something cheap and generic. Some people prefer quality over quantity. To each her own :) 
    When did I say I'd prefer 100 of something cheap and generic?  I spent about $50 per girl in my wedding party and they got fantastic gifts that they each like individually as it catered to their own interests. 
    This.

Stationary?  Really?

So you bought them a gift that is actually intended for them to use on someone else?

Yep. I get notes in the mail from them often on pretty notecards & paper, so I know it's something they like. My sister just started a new business and the logo is a hexagon, so I got hers with a pretty foil-pressed hexagon design. Two of my BMs are getting married right before my wedding so their names will be changing, so I got the personalization done with their new married names (since I know the stationery they've sent me with their current names will become irrelevant - hopefully they don't have much of that left, haha)

One of my favorite gifts I've ever received is a set of note cards with my name in beautiful thermography - something I love to use but at a quality that I wouldn't normally purchase for myself. To each her own!

Also this thread is old.
    Then why are you still justifying your gifts?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• hsgator said:
    mlg78 said:
    hsgator said:
    mlg78 said:
    hsgator said:
    mlg78 said:
    hsgator said:

This.

Stationary?  Really?

Also this thread is old.
    Then why are you still justifying your gifts?
    Because a month after the fact you you asked me about them?
    --

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards