Michigan-Detroit

Money Saving Tips

My fiancé and I have been engaged since August, and have already put our down payment down on both our reception hall and ceremony site. I just was wondering if anyone has any tips / tricks to saving money that you all have found to help during this great time of wedding planning! :) Our wedding isn't until August 13th, 2016 so I know we have time but I have a feeling that it'll come faster then we think.

Thank you! :)

Re: Money Saving Tips

• We are on a budget too (getting married Sept 26, 2015) and I've been doing regular searching on craigslist for ceremony/reception decorations.  If you search "wedding" you'll find lots of posts for dresses, rings, decorations etc.  I knew I was specifically looking for centerpieces so I have been searching with different key words until I find more of what I'm looking for.  I was able to buy 22 white Ikea photo frames today that another girl used for her wedding as table numbers.  Ikea still sells them for $3.99 each (which I almost bought this weekend!) and I bought them from her today for $15 TOTAL!  You can find the deals if you're willing to do a little searching.  

Good luck!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards