Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Renting a Limo

So my father was going to rent a limo to take us from the venue to our home at the end of the wedding. We thought he had gotten the car and was all set but contacted us two days ago saying he has set up nothing! And what's more he says he can't pay for one so now so we have to go get one ourselves a month and a half from the wedding! We went looking for a limo and found that one company quoted us $210 for an hour with a 6 passenger limo. This was great as we can afford up to $300 for the rental with what we have saved. The other told us that they usually only rent a $350  town car for one hour to only two people and that a larger car would be much more. Why such a large difference between companies? Is this normal or is the second company just trying to take advantage of our situation? Any tips on renting a limo and not getting had?

Re: Renting a Limo

• Options
    So my father was going to rent a limo to take us from the venue to our home at the end of the wedding. We thought he had gotten the car and was all set but contacted us two days ago saying he has set up nothing! And what's more he says he can't pay for one so now so we have to go get one ourselves a month and a half from the wedding! We went looking for a limo and found that one company quoted us $210 for an hour with a 6 passenger limo. This was great as we can afford up to $300 for the rental with what we have saved. The other told us that they usually only rent a $350  town car for one hour to only two people and that a larger car would be much more. Why such a large difference between companies? Is this normal or is the second company just trying to take advantage of our situation? Any tips on renting a limo and not getting had?

A month and a half from the wedding is not really short notice for a car service. The prices should be the same as they would otherwise have been. It costs a lot of car services to come get you, even for a 15 minute trip, if they weren't going to be driving in the area anyway like a taxi, and it block out time they could spend on a longer, more high-paying trip.

Are you upset about a) the perceived falling down on commitment or b) the fact that you might not get a limo for the short trip now? Limos are expensive. Why are you looking at 6-passenger cars? For me I think it's an okay luxury to receive as a gift, but really not worth it to pay for myself. The point is to get home.

• Options
    I think limos are passe anyway.  I'd be embarrassed to have a stretch limo pull up at my house.  Now, a luxury sedan, I like that.  But I can get that from Uber Black now.  

Is the limo really necessary?  Or would you rather spend $300 on an amazing dinner on your honeymoon (or staycation if you're not going on one?)  Or $300 to get place settings to complete your set that you don't end up getting at the wedding?  FFT.
  • Options
    Why didn't you just book with the first company if they are giving you what you want for the price you want? 

I can't speak for the difference in policies at the limo companies, but as a business owner I can tell you that we run our business the way that we want to and that will probably be different from the way that other companies who do the same thing as us run their businesses. My guess would be the second company sees it as a waste to have a limo booked for only one hour when they could probably book it for an entire evening.
  • Options
    Why didn't you just book with the first company if they are giving you what you want for the price you want? 

I can't speak for the difference in policies at the limo companies, but as a business owner I can tell you that we run our business the way that we want to and that will probably be different from the way that other companies who do the same thing as us run their businesses. My guess would be the second company sees it as a waste to have a limo booked for only one hour when they could probably book it for an entire evening.
    This. My family and I usually rent a limo to drive us to and from the airport so we don't have to pay for parking and worry about our cars on vaca, but the bolded is what I would think. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    MadHops21 said:

This. My family and I usually rent a limo to drive us to and from the airport so we don't have to pay for parking and worry about our cars on vaca, but the bolded is what I would think. 

If you rent a limo just to take you to the airport, I think I'd like to go on vacation with you! ;-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Take a Lyft.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards