Moms and Maids

HELP - Bridesmaids Jacket Color

Hey, my FH is Catholic and we are getting married in the Catholic Church. We have been given pages of guidelines to follow and I am trying very hard to follow all of them. The girls and myself will all need to wear jackets and have myself covered - Ivory dress with a matching jacket. I am having trouble however with the BM jackets. Their dresses are lilac but David's Bridal doesn't have matching jackets in petite sizes. The jackets are only for the ceremony and I don't want the girls to spend a lot of money for exactly that reason. I have found jackets in similar colors but I was worried about how well they would match once the girls were actually wearing them. I found some cheap black jackets but wasn't sure how that would look either, especially in such a light colored dress. I didn't want the girls in white - I guess that was the one thing I was saving for me (although I'm wearing Ivory). I saw some pictures though of BMs in jackets that matched the brides dress and it doesn't look bad. Any suggestions out there? I know I'm over thinking this but I could use the input.

Re: HELP - Bridesmaids Jacket Color

• I'd check with whoever is in charge of coordinating weddings on the jacket thing. Most likely, shawls or pashminas will be allowed. Shop for pashminas on Amazon.com - lots of colors and price ranges. You should pay for the pashminas if you chose a dress that didn't meet the modesty requirements of the church.

• I married in a Catholic Chruch, but didn't need to follow the shoulders rule (that is usually conservative parishes).  But if you are able to go with wraps, make sure they will not be a see through fabric.  I did buy my BMs shawls since we married in March and were unsure of the weather.  I purchased mine off ebay for $5 each.  Just make sure your vendor accepts returns and is located in the US.
  • I never would have thought of cap sleeves! I just checked the policy on apperal and wraps, jackets or boleros are allowed. I will definitely look for the shawls on amazon! I have fallen in love with amazon "prime". I do want to keep these cheap and was planning on picking up the bill because I feel the dress and shoes were expensive enough.

My main concern is color. Everything is very light lilac and I was afraod dark purple would make no sense with the theme. Again I feel like I am rethinking everything.

Thanks for all the help... I am off to shop on amazon.
  • And yes, free returns are a must when I'm making my decision. I didn't want to be stuck with anything if something happened to be off.
  • I'm happy with the gold ombre pashmina that I bought from 'Pashmina Paradise' on Amazon.

• The dark purple would look really pretty with the Lilac I think.  Lilac on Lilac would be too much of one color, where I think I if you find a contrast color it will look nicer.  I'd go with the dark purple, Ivory or silver to change it up a bit.

Anniversary
  • I think the pashmina idea is the best way to go. I wouldn't do lilac either. Do you have another/accent color your are using in the wedding besides lilac?

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards