Missouri-Kansas City
Options

best dress shop in town!

only went to bridal mansion, and david's bridal.

Did not find anything.

good service, carry many different designers dress, 
somewhere in KCMO (Johnson county) ? 

Thanks!

Re: best dress shop in town!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    whats ur price point?  
  • Options
    jlichtyjlichty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to many dress stores! 

Gown Gallary - downtown KC - I had a good experience here but was brought dresses outside my price range.
    Bridal Extraordinaire- Shawnee Mission (I ended up getting my dress here).  Very helpful if you aren't sure what you want.
    Ida's - Overland Park - has very private rooms to try on dresses with family
    Mias - Olathe- Has a wide variety of dresses in lower price range like $400 to $800
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gown Gallery.  Look at my review of them under my last post titled "Vendor Reviews."  They are truly amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally LOVED Emily Hart (119th between Nall & Roe) ... so, so, so nice and the prices were reasonable IMO. I ended up getting my dress there. I also enjoyed the girl I worked with at Ida's. Very sweet. 95th & Metcalf.

Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Mia's in Olathe and was pleased.  Also had a great experience at Gown Gallery-I recommend Janea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went dress shopping today- David's and Idas. I lucked out at both and had great help, but Ida's was amazing, and found my dress there! I'd recommend Ida's, they had a ton of wonderful dresses, it didn't seem like the selection was as limited as David's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to Dee's Bridal & Fashions. My wife got her dress there about $400 less than anyone else.
  • Options
    KittyW11KittyW11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gown Gallery!!! They were so fantastic. They told me I would be treated like family, and I was! I went in about five times before finally selecting the perfect dress, and they were as patient as can be! Elizabeth was absolutely amazing. I wish I could keep dress shopping just to spend more time with her! Her customer service was invaluable, she knew exactly what dresses to bring out, and really worked with me. I can't possibly stress enough to you how absolutely amazing this place is.

Also, they carry Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses, if you still need them, and there are currently 4 gowns for only $99, which is AWESOME.
  • Options
    cgonz38cgonz38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_dress-shop-town?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:2d55cf95-6eb9-41aa-8c8e-cd5134e4fad3Post:8860e798-acd5-4577-9a99-1e24fc621ae5">Re: best dress shop in town!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went dress shopping today- David's and Idas. I lucked out at both and had great help, but Ida's was amazing, and found my dress there! I'd recommend Ida's, they had a ton of wonderful dresses, it didn't seem like the selection was as limited as David's.
    Posted by bethbuck[/QUOTE]

I also went to <strong>Ida's Custom Veils</strong>, along with <strong>Group USA</strong>, <strong>David's Bridal</strong> and <strong>Natalie M's</strong> (in Leawood). I prefer Ida's over all of them. The customer service is amazing and they are so detail oriented. They have big changing rooms, and even offer you robes (like Kleinfields). My consultant Rachel picked a dress I would've never picked up and I am buying it now! My entire experience so far at Ida's has been <strong>amazing</strong>!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards