Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Too Much on My Registries?

edited February 2015 in Registry and Gift Forum
I need some help with my registries.   Right now, I'm registered at Target (low end), Macy's (middle) and Pottery Barn (high).   I'm registered for about 200 gifts between all three.  We are only having about 125 at the wedding, 50 people at my shower.   Am I registered for too much?  I want to give people options, but I also don't want to look greedy.   I know that I won't get all this stuff, but I figured if I would use it, then it was worth putting on.  

About 80% of my registry is practical stuff (everyday dishes, glasses, small kitchen gadgets)   My Fi and I don't have much in terms of housewares.  We moved to a new state about two years ago and only took what would fit in our cars.  We currently live a very small apartment (1 bed/1 bath, less than 800 square feet) with no storage, so we didn't buy much. I don't even have that much stuff in terms of decor because of the space issue.    We are moving into a house after the wedding and will have a bigger kitchen, two bathrooms and  two guest room.  

I put tons of stuff that I could use in my new house, like 3 comforter sets for all the rooms in my new house.   But, I feel like I'm asking for too much.  On my Target registry I have a fire pit and new patio furniture. 

Do I look greedy if I have all this stuff?  I feel like my registries are a mess.   

Re: Too Much on My Registries?

• Options
    I think it sounds fine.  I usually say 2 registries, but 3 can be ok.  As long as nothing crosses any registries (it's embarrassing as a guest to buy something only to find someone else bought the same thing!).  And it sounds like you have all price points covered, so that's good. 
  • Options
    I don't see how it's greedy. I don't know anybody who sees registries and thinks the bride expects people to buy multiple items on it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I don't think it's greedy. As PPs have said, just make sure you have all price points covered. Many times, when I see a couple has registered for a large quantity of items, I figure that they did so because they plan to buy all remaining items themselves and just want to get the completion discount. Not a problem. 
    ETA spelling
  • Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    I don't think this is too much at all. Keep in mind that people may buy multiple items together -- if your sheets are flat / fitted / pillowcases separately, rather than a set, someone might buy all of them at once. Towels are another one -- rarely will someone just buy you one towel. They'll get you a couple of them, or a bath towel along with a hand towel and washcloth. Kitchen gadgets, too! Nobody's going to just get you a single spatula and nothing else, most likely. 

Plus, you can use your completion discount on stuff that people don't get you! Leave all that stuff on there. :)
  • Options
    The price range, not the number of items while play a larger role in if you are perceived as greedy. you should have items in multiple price points. If you have 50 items that are all over $200 it's going to look greedier then a registry of 200 items at varying price points. Your registry doesn't sound greedy. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I agree with PPs. I don't think this is bad at all. To be honest, as a guest, I would never notice how many total items you had registered for. When I'm buying a wedding gift I pick a store and print just that registry. I would probably not even notice what's on the other two, and even if I did, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Also, you want to get the most out of that completion discount. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    you are fine.  Variety is good and they typically say to register for 2x your guest list since some will give you a gift for both your shower and the wedding. 

I had 105 guests, with a shower of about 30 and I had nearly 200 gifts on one registry and about 50 on another.  We of course did not get everything on the registry but it was great getting the discount on items that were left that we wanted.  

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards