Wedding 911

XP - Worried about being priced out!

Ugh, I am super worried!! I just found out yesterday that the venue we want was just sold to a new company (it is a boutique hotel and is being sold to another boutique hotel chain). 

I am fearful that the prices are going to increase and we won't be able to afford it anymore!! The location was already on the upper end of our budget but we were willing to go higher because of the convenience factor this location provided. 

I have been trying to book with them since about September but they didn't want to sign anything until June 2015, 12 months before. My cousin wasn't able to book her venue until 12 months before either so it isn't unheard of in the area, but it is also not the norm. Most of the other locations we looked at were willing to book when we first started looking but this place had everything we wanted and nothing else we have looked at so far compares. 

I am just hoping things work out :-(
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP - Worried about being priced out!

• Ugh, I am super worried!! I just found out yesterday that the venue we want was just sold to a new company (it is a boutique hotel and is being sold to another boutique hotel chain). 

I am fearful that the prices are going to increase and we won't be able to afford it anymore!! The location was already on the upper end of our budget but we were willing to go higher because of the convenience factor this location provided. 

I have been trying to book with them since about September but they didn't want to sign anything until June 2015, 12 months before. My cousin wasn't able to book her venue until 12 months before either so it isn't unheard of in the area, but it is also not the norm. Most of the other locations we looked at were willing to book when we first started looking but this place had everything we wanted and nothing else we have looked at so far compares. 

I am just hoping things work out :-(
    I would be hesitant to go with a company who wouldn't sign more than a year out in the first place, even if it is the norm. I would start looking at other venues, just for the piece of mind that you have a place locked up. It might seem like a dream venue, but not being able to make any plans sounds like a nightmare. I mean, you don't really even have a set wedding date if you don't have a venue.
  • Talked to the rep today. New company is willing to book more than a year out (yay!) but still no official word on pricing. She is hoping to have that for me next week when their new sales manager starts. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Just make sure you don't sign anything that isn't very specific about pricing. Good luck!
    *********************************************************************************

• @southernbelle0915 Oh, definitely not signing anything until I get the new pricing!! I told them we still want them and if we knew the prices were staying the same I would sign today, but that I wouldn't officially sign anything until I could get the new pricing in writing for the contract. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards