Destination Weddings Discussions

The Weddingmoon/ Elopment Package

Hi girls!

I live in NYC and I envision an intimate wedding with just me the FI (and possibly parents and siblings) at a beautiful destination. I haven't picked a place maybe Europe, Brazil, Austalia, New Zealand really anywhere we've never been before.

Has anyone found all inclusive elopment packages? Or have an intamate elopement experiance they could share?

Sorry if this isn't the right board couldn't find one dedicated to eloping!

Re: The Weddingmoon/ Elopment Package

• An elopement is when you get married without anyone else present and without the knowledge of others. What you are looking to do is an intimate destination wedding. So, you are in the right place.

When planning a destination wedding, you first have to talk to your VIP guests- those who you absolutely want there- and see what they think of your plans and what their budget would be for the trip. You also need to be aware of legal requirements in the country you choose.

We eloped to Australia (just the two of us- no one else knew until after it happened) and got married on Wilson Island. It worked for us because we didn't include anyone else in our plans and the legal requirements for US citizens were super easy. Honestly, we chose such a remote place because we didn't want anyone to even think  about coming if they found out. It's not only unfair to ask someone to spend that much and travel so far, but we didn't want them there and having something so far away and so expensive would keep them out without us even having to tell them no. LOL

Due to Wilson's very remote location, it's not completely all inclusive. Meaning, it does include drinks and meals, but it does not include makeup, hair, photography, videography, etc. From what I saw when researching in some of these destinations (we also considered the Cook Islands, Tahiti, Mauritius, Malaysia, Seychelles, etc.), very few resorts will include all aspects. But, you have to contact the resort to see if the wedding coordinator can pull everything together for you. I think you'll find that for something completely hassle free, you'll find Mexico or the Caribbean to be the easiest.

• I'd focus on picking a location first to narrow down your choices, and then start looking for packages.  Many hotels will offer the packages, but if you find something you love and then realize that there a 45 day residency requirement to get married, that could nix it for you.  But check with your VIP's too, to ensure they can make it as well.  

• Got it! You're right Ill confirm with the "VIP"s. Right now I am all over the map for he destination, but I think Im falling in love with Negril. And vrey interesting about Australia. Ill look into it since its easy to get married there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards